Hotsync failure - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hotsync failure - Palmtop ; I keep getting a hotsync failure with the following log information: -- Address Book - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the ...

  1. Hotsync failure

    I keep getting a hotsync failure with the following log information:

    -- Address Book
    - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer
    may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
    desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a
    HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 777, Handheld = 773
    - Some PC records were not copied to the handheld. Your handheld
    may be full. To correct this situation, delete some records and
    perform a HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 777, Handheld = 773
    Address Book synchronization failed

    So I remove some of the records from my desktop, and I keep getting
    the same error message with revised numbers (e.g., if I removed 4
    desktop addreses, the new numbers would be

    Desktop = 773, Handheld = 769

    Does anyone have any idea of how I can make this error go away? The
    problem is with a Sony Clie TH55, my PC is running XP Home.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. Re: Hotsync failure

    In article , gary_w1
    @hotmail.com says...
    > -- Address Book
    > - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer
    > may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
    > desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a
    > HotSync operation again.
    > Desktop = 777, Handheld = 773
    > - Some PC records were not copied to the handheld. Your handheld
    > may be full. To correct this situation, delete some records and
    > perform a HotSync operation again.
    > Desktop = 777, Handheld = 773
    > Address Book synchronization failed

    You very likely have some corrupted records. I was only able to get this
    to go away by deleting all the records on my handheld then syncing with
    "Desktop Overwrites Handheld" turned on.

    Be sure to back up you data folder before you try this.

  3. Re: Hotsync failure

    I had the same problem with my Zire 21. The memo pad software or
    contacts never fully synced. A reinstall fixed the problem temporarily
    with the memo pad, but it stopped working after a few months. I was
    running Windows 98 SE. I never fixed the problem, and moved on to a E2

    On Nov 2, 9:29 am, Gary wrote:
    > I keep getting a hotsync failure with the following log information:
    >
    > -- Address Book
    > - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer
    > may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
    > desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a
    > HotSync operation again.
    > Desktop = 777, Handheld = 773
    > - Some PC records were not copied to the handheld. Your handheld
    > may be full. To correct this situation, delete some records and
    > perform a HotSync operation again.
    > Desktop = 777, Handheld = 773
    > Address Book synchronization failed
    >
    > So I remove some of the records from my desktop, and I keep getting
    > the same error message with revised numbers (e.g., if I removed 4
    > desktop addreses, the new numbers would be
    >
    > Desktop = 773, Handheld = 769
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea of how I can make this error go away? The
    > problem is with a Sony Clie TH55, my PC is running XP Home.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

+ Reply to Thread