Hot Sync Question - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hot Sync Question - Palmtop ; Treo 650 As frequent readers know I have had occasion to hot sync after a hard reset several times lately. The last time everything restored okay but the only appointments that are showing are reoccurring ones. I tried syncing both ...

  1. Hot Sync Question

    Treo 650

    As frequent readers know I have had occasion to hot sync after a hard reset
    several times lately. The last time everything restored okay but the only
    appointments that are showing are reoccurring ones. I tried syncing both
    with Outlook closed & open to no avail. I think the appointments may be
    back there somewhere as it is not deleting them form Outlook on subsequent
    syncs as you might expect. Is there a setting that would be hiding them
    from the view ( I have chosen "show all events" from the Record menu)?

    Thanks again... Bob

  2. Re: Hot Sync Question

    In article , bobnewman@cox.net says...
    > hot sync after a hard reset
    > several times lately. The last time everything restored okay but the only
    > appointments that are showing are reoccurring ones. I tried syncing both
    > with Outlook closed & open to no avail. I think the appointments may be
    > back there somewhere as it is not deleting them form Outlook on subsequent
    > syncs as you might expect. Is there a setting that would be hiding them
    > from the view ( I have chosen "show all events" from the Record menu)?

    Depending on which program is syncing to Outlook (I presume Treos now
    come with outlook syncing software written by Palm) there may be a filter
    that is only synchronizing certain appointments. Usually, if it exists, a
    filter such as this will only synchronize appointments that after a
    certain date. You may have the date set too far up. I just turn that
    filter off.

+ Reply to Thread