Change data folder location? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Change data folder location? - Palmtop ; How do I change the location of the folder that my Treo 650 data is stored in? I would like it to be under My Documents/Data to make it easier to backup. Thanks... Bob...

  1. Change data folder location?

    How do I change the location of the folder that my Treo 650 data is stored
    in? I would like it to be under My Documents/Data to make it easier to
    backup.

    Thanks... Bob

  2. Re: Change data folder location?

    Bob Newman wrote:

    > How do I change the location of the folder that my Treo 650 data is stored
    > in? I would like it to be under My Documents/Data to make it easier to
    > backup.

    Palm Desktop > MENU > Tools > Options >
    In the [General] tab, under "Data Directory".

    Palm Desktop will move any existing users over to the new directory after
    you select it.
    --
    Linux Registered User # 302622

  3. Re: Change data folder location?

    Note: If you want to change the default Palm database directory, make
    sure you do it only AFTER you have installed all software, especially
    AvantGo. It will not install if the database is not in the original
    default location. If you do move it then record where it was in the first
    place. This way, if something won't install you can temporarily move it
    back to the original location, do the install, then move it back to where
    you want it. I have not found any programs that won't WORK from a new
    location but I have found a few that won't INSTALL to any but the
    original location.

+ Reply to Thread