Treo Hard Rest Not Enough - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo Hard Rest Not Enough - Palmtop ; Treo 650 - Cingular I am trying to delete emails in Versamail and the Treo does a soft reset when I select delete. This has been doing it for several months with only one email in particular, now with all. ...

  1. Treo Hard Rest Not Enough

    Treo 650 - Cingular

    I am trying to delete emails in Versamail and the Treo does a soft reset
    when I select delete. This has been doing it for several months with only
    one email in particular, now with all. I did a hard reset and after hot
    sync the emails (96 of them) are back and still can't be deleted.

    Suggestions PLEASE!

    Thanks in advance... Bob

  2. Re: Treo Hard Rest Not Enough

    Bob Newman wrote:
    > Treo 650 - Cingular
    >
    > I am trying to delete emails in Versamail and the Treo does a soft reset
    > when I select delete. This has been doing it for several months with only
    > one email in particular, now with all. I did a hard reset and after hot
    > sync the emails (96 of them) are back and still can't be deleted.
    >
    > Suggestions PLEASE!
    >
    > Thanks in advance... Bob

    Hello Bob,

    This is Kevin from Palm Inc. Sounds like a Versamail database may be
    corrupt. If you don't mind losing all those emails, read through and
    then try the steps listed in the Palm Knowledge Library article
    "VersaMail crashes or resets Treo 650" at
    http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=36541

    Sincerely
    Kevin

    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what's new at
    http://www.palm.com/

  3. Re: Treo Hard Rest Not Enough

    I will read the article. Someone suggested that I rename the Versamail
    folder on the computer & hot sync after a hard reset. I did & the emails
    were still there! How about deleteing the Versamail folder all together?

    Bob

    wrote in message
    news:1162321195.189364.303420@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Bob Newman wrote:
    >> Treo 650 - Cingular
    >>
    >> I am trying to delete emails in Versamail and the Treo does a soft reset
    >> when I select delete. This has been doing it for several months with
    >> only
    >> one email in particular, now with all. I did a hard reset and after hot
    >> sync the emails (96 of them) are back and still can't be deleted.
    >>
    >> Suggestions PLEASE!
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance... Bob

    > Hello Bob,
    >
    > This is Kevin from Palm Inc. Sounds like a Versamail database may be
    > corrupt. If you don't mind losing all those emails, read through and
    > then try the steps listed in the Palm Knowledge Library article
    > "VersaMail crashes or resets Treo 650" at
    > http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=36541
    >

    > Sincerely
    > Kevin
    >
    > - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > Kevin Michaels
    > kevin.michaels@palm.com
    > - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > Check out what's new at
    > http://www.palm.com/

  4. Re: Treo Hard Rest Not Enough

    Bob Newman wrote:
    > I will read the article. Someone suggested that I rename the Versamail
    > folder on the computer & hot sync after a hard reset. I did & the emails
    > were still there! How about deleteing the Versamail folder all together?

    There's a process akin to that described in the article (Rename the
    VersaMail folder). It is mentioned as another troublshooting step if
    the previous have not resolved the issue.

    Kevin

    > wrote in message
    > news:1162321195.189364.303420@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Bob Newman wrote:
    > >> Treo 650 - Cingular
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to delete emails in Versamail and the Treo does a soft reset
    > >> when I select delete. This has been doing it for several months with
    > >> only
    > >> one email in particular, now with all. I did a hard reset and after hot
    > >> sync the emails (96 of them) are back and still can't be deleted.
    > >>
    > >> Suggestions PLEASE!
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance... Bob

    > > Hello Bob,
    > >
    > > This is Kevin from Palm Inc. Sounds like a Versamail database may be
    > > corrupt. If you don't mind losing all those emails, read through and
    > > then try the steps listed in the Palm Knowledge Library article
    > > "VersaMail crashes or resets Treo 650" at
    > > http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=36541
    > >

    > > Sincerely
    > > Kevin
    > >
    > > - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > > Kevin Michaels
    > > kevin.michaels@palm.com
    > > - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > > Check out what's new at
    > > http://www.palm.com/

  5. Re: Treo Hard Rest Not Enough

    Bob Newman wrote:
    > I will read the article. Someone suggested that I rename the Versamail
    > folder on the computer & hot sync after a hard reset. I did & the emails
    > were still there! How about deleteing the Versamail folder all together?

    There's a process akin to that described in the article (Rename the
    VersaMail folder). It is mentioned as another troublshooting step if
    the previous have not resolved the issue.

    Kevin

    > wrote in message
    > news:1162321195.189364.303420@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Bob Newman wrote:
    > >> Treo 650 - Cingular
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to delete emails in Versamail and the Treo does a soft reset
    > >> when I select delete. This has been doing it for several months with
    > >> only
    > >> one email in particular, now with all. I did a hard reset and after hot
    > >> sync the emails (96 of them) are back and still can't be deleted.
    > >>
    > >> Suggestions PLEASE!
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance... Bob

    > > Hello Bob,
    > >
    > > This is Kevin from Palm Inc. Sounds like a Versamail database may be
    > > corrupt. If you don't mind losing all those emails, read through and
    > > then try the steps listed in the Palm Knowledge Library article
    > > "VersaMail crashes or resets Treo 650" at
    > > http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=36541
    > >

    > > Sincerely
    > > Kevin
    > >
    > > - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > > Kevin Michaels
    > > kevin.michaels@palm.com
    > > - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > > Check out what's new at
    > > http://www.palm.com/

  6. Re: Treo Hard Rest Not Enough

    Thanks Kevin

    Bob

    wrote in message
    news:1162415444.648424.175730@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

    > Bob Newman wrote:
    >> I will read the article. Someone suggested that I rename the Versamail
    >> folder on the computer & hot sync after a hard reset. I did & the emails
    >> were still there! How about deleteing the Versamail folder all together?

    > There's a process akin to that described in the article (Rename the
    > VersaMail folder). It is mentioned as another troublshooting step if
    > the previous have not resolved the issue.
    >

    > Kevin
    >

    >> wrote in message
    >> news:1162321195.189364.303420@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...

    >> > Hello Bob,
    >> >
    >> > This is Kevin from Palm Inc. Sounds like a Versamail database may be
    >> > corrupt. If you don't mind losing all those emails, read through and
    >> > then try the steps listed in the Palm Knowledge Library article
    >> > "VersaMail crashes or resets Treo 650" at
    >> > http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=36541
    >> >

    >> > Sincerely
    >> > Kevin

    >> > Kevin Michaels