T3-the curse of old replacement batteries - Palmtop

This is a discussion on T3-the curse of old replacement batteries - Palmtop ; I have a T3 which has needed a new battery. I have got replacements off Ebay, but I suspect that they are old stock so they are not very effective. When I have read round this on the internet, I ...

  1. T3-the curse of old replacement batteries

    I have a T3 which has needed a new battery. I have got replacements off
    Ebay, but I suspect that they are old stock so they are not very effective.
    When I have read round this on the internet, I understand that Li/ion and
    Li/poly batteries degrade on the shelf. I guess that any replacement battery
    for the T3 will be old stock cos it is an old model.
    Is there anywhere where I can get a better battery? I am pretty adept at
    taking a T3 apart and minor electronic stuff like soldering.
    Any suggestions?
    Mick

  2. Re: T3-the curse of old replacement batteries

    benk wrote:
    > I have a T3 which has needed a new battery. I have got replacements off
    > Ebay, but I suspect that they are old stock so they are not very effective.
    > When I have read round this on the internet, I understand that Li/ion and
    > Li/poly batteries degrade on the shelf. I guess that any replacement battery
    > for the T3 will be old stock cos it is an old model.
    > Is there anywhere where I can get a better battery? I am pretty adept at
    > taking a T3 apart and minor electronic stuff like soldering.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Mick

    Google is your friend.

  3. Re: T3-the curse of old replacement batteries

    On 2006-10-28 13:38:26 -0500, "benk" said:

    > I have a T3 which has needed a new battery. I have got replacements off
    > Ebay, but I suspect that they are old stock so they are not very
    > effective. When I have read round this on the internet, I understand
    > that Li/ion and Li/poly batteries degrade on the shelf. I guess that
    > any replacement battery for the T3 will be old stock cos it is an old
    > model.
    > Is there anywhere where I can get a better battery? I am pretty adept
    > at taking a T3 apart and minor electronic stuff like soldering.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Mick

    pdaparts.com
    --