"Phone capable" in PDA description??? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on "Phone capable" in PDA description??? - Palmtop ; If a PDA is described as "Phone capable", what would you expect that to mean? A... there is a slot somewhere for a Sim card and you can use it just like a mobile phone. 2... there is a slot ...

  1. "Phone capable" in PDA description???

    If a PDA is described as "Phone capable", what would you expect that to
    mean?

    A... there is a slot somewhere for a Sim card and you can use it just
    like a mobile phone.
    2... there is a slot somewhere for a Sim card and you can use it just
    like a mobile phone as long as you have a seperate microphone and
    headset.
    3... Something else.

    Ta muchly
    Steve

  2. Re: "Phone capable" in PDA description???

    Sorry about the double post.
    I got an error message when I posted the first time.
    Please ignore this one.
    Cheers,
    Steve

  3. Re: "Phone capable" in PDA description???

    + "Steve" :

    | Sorry about the double post.

    Looks like a triple post from here.

    | Please ignore this one.

    Aren't modern usenet readers capable of canceling messages anymore?

    --
    * Harald Hanche-Olsen
    -- Bertrand Russell

  4. Re: "Phone capable" in PDA description???

    Per Harald Hanche-Olsen:
    >Aren't modern usenet readers capable of canceling messages anymore?

    Wouldn't that be a serve-side issue?

    If they are, somebody tell me - because I'm in the same boat as the lady I used
    to work with that said "Every PC should have an 'Oh ****!' key that you can
    press to recall the last thing you sent out."
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. Re: "Phone capable" in PDA description???

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Harald Hanche-Olsen:
    > >Aren't modern usenet readers capable of canceling messages anymore?

    > Wouldn't that be a serve-side issue?
    >
    > If they are, somebody tell me - because I'm in the same boat as the lady I used
    > to work with that said "Every PC should have an 'Oh ****!' key that you can
    > press to recall the last thing you sent out."

    If you access usenet via your web browser and Google Groups you can
    easily delete any of your own postings.

    Doug Hoffman

  6. Re: "Phone capable" in PDA description???

    dhoffman@talkamerica.net wrote:
    > (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    >> Per Harald Hanche-Olsen:
    >>> Aren't modern usenet readers capable of canceling messages anymore?

    >> Wouldn't that be a serve-side issue?
    >>
    >> If they are, somebody tell me - because I'm in the same boat as the lady I used
    >> to work with that said "Every PC should have an 'Oh ****!' key that you can
    >> press to recall the last thing you sent out."

    > If you access usenet via your web browser and Google Groups you can
    > easily delete any of your own postings.
    >
    > Doug Hoffman

    It's server dependent. Even though you cancel your own post, most nntp
    servers ignore cancel messages. So if the message already got propagated
    to another server beyond where you posted to, it'll be hit or miss as to
    which ones keep it and which ones don't.

+ Reply to Thread