Blazer crashes constantly... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Blazer crashes constantly... - Palmtop ; Is it just me, or some software conflict on my T|X, or is Blazer a hunk of junk? It constantly resets my Palm T|X for no apparent reason, sometimes as I'm filling in a form with text, sometimes on launch. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Blazer crashes constantly...

  1. Blazer crashes constantly...

    Is it just me, or some software conflict on my T|X, or is Blazer a hunk
    of junk? It constantly resets my Palm T|X for no apparent reason,
    sometimes as I'm filling in a form with text, sometimes on launch. I
    reinstalled Web Pro V from my old T|C, and it seems much more stable, if
    a little "long in the tooth."

    Guess I'll try Opera, too.

    Cheers,

    Steve

  2. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    In article ,
    Steven Folberg wrote:

    > Is it just me, or some software conflict on my T|X, or is Blazer a hunk
    > of junk? It constantly resets my Palm T|X for no apparent reason,
    > sometimes as I'm filling in a form with text, sometimes on launch. I
    > reinstalled Web Pro V from my old T|C, and it seems much more stable, if
    > a little "long in the tooth."


    No problem here. Blazer may have caused a reset or two but certainly no
    trend, nothing repeatable. I would be looking at some add on software
    as the culprit.

    --
    Clark Martin
    Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting

    "I'm a designated driver on the Information Super Highway"

  3. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    In message Clark
    Martin wrote:

    >No problem here. Blazer may have caused a reset or two but certainly no
    >trend, nothing repeatable. I would be looking at some add on software
    >as the culprit.


    T|X or a Treo, or something else?

    --
    If I were still loyal to the Goa'uld, you would know it.
    It would be immediately apparent as I would not hesitate to kill you where you sit.
    -- Teal'c

  4. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    "Steven Folberg" wrote in message
    news:rebbi-C0F13A.23031626102006@news-fe-03.texas.rr.com...
    > Is it just me, or some software conflict on my T|X, or is Blazer a hunk
    > of junk? It constantly resets my Palm T|X for no apparent reason,
    > sometimes as I'm filling in a form with text, sometimes on launch. I
    > reinstalled Web Pro V from my old T|C, and it seems much more stable, if
    > a little "long in the tooth."
    >
    > Guess I'll try Opera, too.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve


    I have had Blazer cause a reset a couple of times on application startup,
    but nothing of a trend and not during routine operation of the software.
    This is also a TX.



  5. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    In article <4048k2l3oc2bj2d7sjibjk00jutiq5v9sq@4ax.com>,
    DevilsPGD wrote:

    > In message Clark
    > Martin wrote:
    >
    > >No problem here. Blazer may have caused a reset or two but certainly no
    > >trend, nothing repeatable. I would be looking at some add on software
    > >as the culprit.

    >
    > T|X or a Treo, or something else?


    Should have mentioned that, it's a TX.

    --
    Clark Martin
    Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting

    "I'm a designated driver on the Information Super Highway"

  6. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    > Should have mentioned that, it's a TX.

    I have the same problem with my TX. It crashed quite a lot at various
    hot spots, but not always. I moved into my new apartment today, the
    wireless connection was fine but the browser crashed constantly.

    I've also noticed some apps (MSDict, GrxViewPro, RescoView, etc) caused
    reboots on the TX more frequently than my previous TE.

    I have 38.2MB free memory and a 1GB SD Card.

    Is there a way to find out what are the causes to the problem?

    /Why Tea


  7. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    "Why Tea" wrote in message
    news:1162293348.705337.34150@k70g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    >> Should have mentioned that, it's a TX.

    >
    > I have the same problem with my TX. It crashed quite a lot at various
    > hot spots, but not always. I moved into my new apartment today, the
    > wireless connection was fine but the browser crashed constantly.
    >
    > I've also noticed some apps (MSDict, GrxViewPro, RescoView, etc) caused
    > reboots on the TX more frequently than my previous TE.
    >
    > I have 38.2MB free memory and a 1GB SD Card.
    >
    > Is there a way to find out what are the causes to the problem?
    >
    > /Why Tea
    >

    I must confess not to be a long-term Palm user, the TX is my first. But,
    after using it for a year I have found that almost all my problems have
    stemmed from software written for older operating systems.



  8. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    In article ,
    "Klatch" wrote:


    > I must confess not to be a long-term Palm user, the TX is my first. But,
    > after using it for a year I have found that almost all my problems have
    > stemmed from software written for older operating systems.


    Same here. And plenty of older programs work okay but they tend to be
    simpler programs.

    --
    Clark Martin
    Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting

    "I'm a designated driver on the Information Super Highway"

  9. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    In message Clark
    Martin wrote:

    >In article <4048k2l3oc2bj2d7sjibjk00jutiq5v9sq@4ax.com>,
    > DevilsPGD wrote:
    >
    >> In message Clark
    >> Martin wrote:
    >>
    >> >No problem here. Blazer may have caused a reset or two but certainly no
    >> >trend, nothing repeatable. I would be looking at some add on software
    >> >as the culprit.

    >>
    >> T|X or a Treo, or something else?

    >
    >Should have mentioned that, it's a TX.


    Ahh -- I have both a T|X and a Treo 650, Blazer on the T|X is remarkably
    unstable. It's not half bad on the Treo 650 though.

    --
    Q. How many Microsoft technicians does it take to change a lightbulb?
    A. Three. Two to hold the ladder and one to hammer the bulb into a faucet.

  10. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    In article ,
    "Klatch" wrote:

    > "Why Tea" wrote in message
    > news:1162293348.705337.34150@k70g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > >> Should have mentioned that, it's a TX.

    > >
    > > I have the same problem with my TX. It crashed quite a lot at various
    > > hot spots, but not always. I moved into my new apartment today, the
    > > wireless connection was fine but the browser crashed constantly.
    > >
    > > I've also noticed some apps (MSDict, GrxViewPro, RescoView, etc) caused
    > > reboots on the TX more frequently than my previous TE.
    > >
    > > I have 38.2MB free memory and a 1GB SD Card.
    > >
    > > Is there a way to find out what are the causes to the problem?
    > >
    > > /Why Tea
    > >

    > I must confess not to be a long-term Palm user, the TX is my first. But,
    > after using it for a year I have found that almost all my problems have
    > stemmed from software written for older operating systems.



    Well, everything seems much more stable since I disabled Word Complete
    (which speeds up Graffiti entry by offering you list of possible words
    to complete each word you write as you enter text). This is a hold-over
    from my Tungsten C. Anybody know of a more current program that does the
    same thing?

    Thank you,

    Steve

  11. Re: Blazer crashes constantly...

    Previously Steven Folberg wrote:

    > Well, everything seems much more stable since I disabled Word

    Complete
    > (which speeds up Graffiti entry by offering you list of

    possible words
    > to complete each word you write as you enter text). This is a

    hold-over
    > from my Tungsten C. Anybody know of a more current program that

    does the
    > same thing?
    >


    Yes, TextPlus from www.smartcell.com. The latest version claims
    to have made changes to be NVFS happy, so it will hopefully play
    nicely with your TX. They have a 30 day free trial. I am using
    it know to write this post (although on a Visor).

    Regards,
    Todd

    --
    Remove NO SPAM to reply via email
    Posted via a Palm OS PDA (Handspring Visor Edge)

+ Reply to Thread