Need a Cover! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Need a Cover! - Palmtop ; I have loved my Palm m515 until it is raggedy, but it still keeps on going. I've completely worn out the leather cover it came with (the "hinge" broke, and it was all torn on that edge anyway). I've been ...

  1. Need a Cover!

    I have loved my Palm m515 until it is raggedy, but it still keeps on going.
    I've completely worn out the leather cover it came with (the "hinge"
    broke, and it was all torn on that edge anyway). I've been looking for a
    replacement online, but all I can find are bulky leather cases or hard
    shells. I just want something to protect it in my purse without adding
    bulk. Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement?

    Thanks!

    --
    Gina Bull
    Network Systems

  2. Re: Need a Cover!

    Do you mean the flip cover? that was available for the Palm V

    --
    The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
    Great Speed, Great Retention

  3. Re: Need a Cover!

    Yeah, a flip cover is what you want. I used a flip cover on my Tunsten
    E2 and on my Zire 21. The after having my Zire 21 destroyed in the
    bottom of my bookbag (screen cracked and failed) without a hard case,
    my E2 now resides in a 40 dollar metal behemoth. I still use the flip
    cover as often as possible.

    On Oct 27, 12:56 am, "FRED" wrote:
    > Do you mean the flip cover? that was available for the Palm V
    >
    > "Gina Bull" wrote in messagenews:ehqtb9$mga$1@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU. ..
    >
    > >I have loved my Palm m515 until it is raggedy, but it still keeps on going.
    > >I've completely worn out the leather cover it came with (the "hinge" broke,
    > >and it was all torn on that edge anyway). I've been looking for a
    > >replacement online, but all I can find are bulky leather cases or hard
    > >shells. I just want something to protect it in my purse without adding
    > >bulk. Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement?

    > > Thanks!

    > > --
    > > Gina Bull
    > > Network Systems
    > > Information Technology and Communications
    > > University of Virginia--

    > The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
    > Great Speed, Great Retention
    > 1 GB/Day for only $8.95

  4. Re: Need a Cover!

    Thanks for mentioning the Palm V. My searches weren't finding anything for
    an m515, but I did find a Palm V flip cover on eBay. I should have it soon!

    Gina

    FRED wrote:
    > Do you mean the flip cover? that was available for the Palm V
    >

    > "Gina Bull" wrote in message
    >> I have loved my Palm m515 until it is raggedy, but it still keeps on going.
    >> I've completely worn out the leather cover it came with (the "hinge" broke,
    >> and it was all torn on that edge anyway). I've been looking for a
    >> replacement online, but all I can find are bulky leather cases or hard
    >> shells. I just want something to protect it in my purse without adding
    >> bulk. Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gina Bull
    >> Network Systems
    >> Information Technology and Communications
    >> University of Virginia

  5. Re: Need a Cover!

    A followup:

    The Palm V flipcover/hinge does not fit the m515. Perhaps the cover will
    fit, but the hinge itself is too large. I tried. :-(

    I finally found a source on eBay for an actual m515 flip cover and hinge,
    and have now ordered that.

    Erik wrote:
    > Yeah, a flip cover is what you want. I used a flip cover on my Tunsten
    > E2 and on my Zire 21. The after having my Zire 21 destroyed in the
    > bottom of my bookbag (screen cracked and failed) without a hard case,
    > my E2 now resides in a 40 dollar metal behemoth. I still use the flip
    > cover as often as possible.
    >
    > On Oct 27, 12:56 am, "FRED" wrote:
    >> Do you mean the flip cover? that was available for the Palm V
    >>
    >> "Gina Bull" wrote in messagenews:ehqtb9$mga$1@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU. ..
    >>
    >>> I have loved my Palm m515 until it is raggedy, but it still keeps on going.
    >>> I've completely worn out the leather cover it came with (the "hinge" broke,
    >>> and it was all torn on that edge anyway). I've been looking for a
    >>> replacement online, but all I can find are bulky leather cases or hard
    >>> shells. I just want something to protect it in my purse without adding
    >>> bulk. Can anyone point me to a source for a replacement?
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> --
    >>> Gina Bull
    >>> Network Systems
    >>> Information Technology and Communications
    >>> University of Virginia--

    >> The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
    >> Great Speed, Great Retention
    >> 1 GB/Day for only $8.95