Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX - Palmtop ; I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm. I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I ...

  1. Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX

    I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm.

    I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync
    operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I
    hotsync.

    The card is a 2gb SD from Crucial.

  2. Re: Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX

    Do you have an SD Card Reader? I found it a lot easier to simply drag
    and drop files (music, video, pics) to the card using a file browser.
    Memory card readers are fairly inexpensive these days.

    Mark

    jglaysher@gmail.com wrote:
    > I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm.
    >
    > I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync
    > operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I
    > hotsync.
    >
    > The card is a 2gb SD from Crucial.

  3. Re: Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX

    I've never used the hotsync to install apps, always just put on the SD and
    use Resco Explorer to install to RAM, then move over to the SD if the apps
    to big using PowerRUN or just put in the SD cards //PALM/Launcher folder and
    copy over to RAM if you want.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Mark Woyna" wrote in message
    news:1161871306.297745.124650@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...

    > Do you have an SD Card Reader? I found it a lot easier to simply drag
    > and drop files (music, video, pics) to the card using a file browser.
    > Memory card readers are fairly inexpensive these days.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > jglaysher@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm.
    >>
    >> I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync
    >> operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I
    >> hotsync.
    >>
    >> The card is a 2gb SD from Crucial.

  4. Re: Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX

    I use Card Reader by Mobile Stream (Softick Card Export would cause hard
    resets). It's not expensive, and works with any of the big 3 OSs (Linux,
    Mac, and Windows). Just plunk down in the cradle or pop in the cable, and
    your TX will look like a card reader to your PC.

    HTH,

    -Jerry

    jglaysher@gmail.com wrote:

    > I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm.
    >
    > I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync
    > operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I
    > hotsync.
    >
    > The card is a 2gb SD from Crucial.

  5. Re: Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX

    As I have an ancient E2, i don't know the max SD card size a TX can
    take (E2 is 1 GB).
    Does you palm recognize the card at all?

    On Oct 27, 8:47 pm, Jerry wrote:
    > I use Card Reader by Mobile Stream (Softick Card Export would cause hard
    > resets). It's not expensive, and works with any of the big 3 OSs (Linux,
    > Mac, and Windows). Just plunk down in the cradle or pop in the cable, and
    > your TX will look like a card reader to your PC.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > -Jerry
    >
    > jglays...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm.

    > > I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync
    > > operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I
    > > hotsync.

    > > The card is a 2gb SD from Crucial.

  6. Re: Transferring music files to the exp. card on a Palm TX

    In article <1162145328.482426.253430@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.c om>,
    "Erik" wrote:

    > As I have an ancient E2, i don't know the max SD card size a TX can
    > take (E2 is 1 GB).
    > Does you palm recognize the card at all?

    My TX is working quite well with a 4Gb.

    > On Oct 27, 8:47 pm, Jerry wrote:
    > > I use Card Reader by Mobile Stream (Softick Card Export would cause hard
    > > resets). It's not expensive, and works with any of the big 3 OSs (Linux,
    > > Mac, and Windows). Just plunk down in the cradle or pop in the cable, and
    > > your TX will look like a card reader to your PC.
    > >
    > > HTH,
    > >
    > > -Jerry
    > >
    > > jglays...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > > I cannot Hotsync files from the desktop to the card on the Palm.

    > > > I add the files to the correct box, they all say 'ready for HotSync
    > > > operation' in the Palm Quick Install but they don't go over when I
    > > > hotsync.

    > > > The card is a 2gb SD from Crucial.

    --
    Clark Martin