WiFi hotspot fails - Palmtop

This is a discussion on WiFi hotspot fails - Palmtop ; Our local (Charter) cable comany put a free open hotspot inthe local mall. I can get a connect but nothing works. No pages load, email fails, etc. I just gettimeouts. People with laptops have no problems. Any ideas? Could it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: WiFi hotspot fails

  1. WiFi hotspot fails

    Our local (Charter) cable comany put a free open hotspot inthe local mall. I can get a connect but nothing works. No pages load, email fails, etc. I just gettimeouts. People with laptops have no problems.
    Any ideas? Could it be router does not do 811b? If so, why do I get a connect? So far, Charter support has been no help.


    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  2. Re: WiFi hotspot fails

    Gil Baron wrote:
    > Our local (Charter) cable comany put a free open hotspot inthe local mall. I can get a connect but nothing works. No pages load, email fails, etc. I just get timeouts. People with laptops have no problems.
    > Any ideas? Could it be router does not do 811b? If so, why do I get a connect? So far, Charter support has been no help.
    >
    >


    Make sure DHCP is enabled.

  3. Re: WiFi hotspot fails

    Chuck wrote:
    >not do 811b? If so, why do I get a connect? So far, Charter support has been no help.
    >>
    >>

    >
    >Make sure DHCP is enabled.

    NO DHCP to configure on the TX. That would not be a factor anyway. I get a connection just no data transfer. Very strange. Don't have any idea and it seems Charter does not either or does not care.
    I can steal access from the wide open router at one of the Cell Phone sales Kiosks. They say they don't care, Maybe they hope to sell me a phone :-)
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  4. Re: WiFi hotspot fails

    In article , Gil Baron
    wrote:

    > Chuck wrote:
    > >not do 811b? If so, why do I get a connect? So far, Charter support has been
    > >no help.
    > >>
    > >>

    > >
    > >Make sure DHCP is enabled.

    > NO DHCP to configure on the TX. That would not be a factor anyway. I get a
    > connection just no data transfer. Very strange. Don't have any idea and it
    > seems Charter does not either or does not care.
    > I can steal access from the wide open router at one of the Cell Phone sales
    > Kiosks. They say they don't care, Maybe they hope to sell me a phone :-)


    Yes there is DHCP. Tap the WiFi ICON at the bottom, tap Scan / Setup,
    tap on the network in question, tap on Edit..., tap on Configure..., tap
    on Details..., tap on Advanced..., then look next to "IP Address". If
    it says Automatic you are using DHCP. Also check that the DNS server is
    Automatic.

    Write down a known IP address. 66.102.7.147 (www.google.com) will do, I
    just tested it on my TX. Use this at the hot spot in Blazer. This will
    test if the problem is with DNS.

    --
    Clark Martin
    Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting

    "I'm a designated driver on the Information Super Highway"

  5. Re: WiFi hotspot fails

    Clark Martin wrote:
    >Yes there is DHCP. Tap the WiFi ICON at the bottom, tap Scan / Setup,
    >tap on the network in question, tap

    DHCP is active and am both there now but will try a manual address. I do get the mail server in Versamail and it tries to get a message list but it sits and sits and then times out.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  6. Re: WiFi hotspot fails

    Gil Baron wrote:
    >DHCP is active and am both there now but will try a manual address. I do get the mail server in Versamail and it tries to get a message list but it sits and sits and then times out.

    Manual specific ip worked exactly the same way, that is, it did not!
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  7. Re: WiFi hotspot fails

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:11:26 -0700, Clark Martin
    wrote:

    > Tap the WiFi ICON at the bottom, tap Scan / Setup,
    >tap on the network in question, tap on Edit..., tap on Configure..., tap
    >on Details...,


    Saved this post. Thanks! Since Gateway doesn't give tech support
    after the first year, on their Costco laptops, I need all the help I
    can get.

    Amy
    williamson@shaklee.net
    Nature and Science in Harmony
    www.shaklee.net/williamson/

+ Reply to Thread