    I'm using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Win XP Pro.

    It's in US English - addresses have states and Zip codes for example.

    Is there a UK English version that has counties and Postcodes instead?
    Where, please?

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  2. Re: UK Desktop?

    On 2006-10-21 04:51:40 -0400, "Harold Fuchs" said:

    > I'm using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Win XP Pro.
    >
    > It's in US English - addresses have states and Zip codes for example.
    >
    > Is there a UK English version that has counties and Postcodes instead?
    > Where, please?

    Can you put counties in the state slot and Postcodes in the zip code spot?
    Ruby

  3. Re: UK Desktop?

    In article ,
    Harold Fuchs wrote:
    > I'm using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Win XP Pro.

    > It's in US English - addresses have states and Zip codes for example.

    > Is there a UK English version that has counties and Postcodes instead?
    > Where, please?

    The majority of US programmers seem to think that English means US English
    and not UK English and don't bother writing a different English version.
    You can't even get Window$ XP Home with UK English enabled, which is why I
    prefer to stick with RISC OS most of the time.

    |\ /| ark Fraser /mfraz2002@hotmail.com
    | \/ | Somerset /www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk
    | |__________/Acorn SA RISC PC You know what the sig means!

  4. Re: UK Desktop?

    Ruby Vee wrote:
    > On 2006-10-21 04:51:40 -0400, "Harold Fuchs" said:
    >
    >> I'm using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Win XP Pro.
    >>
    >> It's in US English - addresses have states and Zip codes for example.
    >>
    >> Is there a UK English version that has counties and Postcodes
    >> instead? Where, please?

    > Can you put counties in the state slot and Postcodes in the zip code
    > spot? Ruby

    Yes. It's just irritating

  5. Re: UK Desktop?

    Mark Fraser (News) wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Harold Fuchs wrote:
    >> I'm using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Win XP Pro.

    >> It's in US English - addresses have states and Zip codes for example.

    >> Is there a UK English version that has counties and Postcodes
    >> instead? Where, please?

    > The majority of US programmers seem to think that English means US
    > English and not UK English and don't bother writing a different
    > English version. You can't even get Window$ XP Home with UK English
    > enabled, which is why I prefer to stick with RISC OS most of the time.

    Don't know about Windows XP Home but I have XP Pro with UK English enabled
    (and US English *disabled*). Perhaps it depends on where you buy it?

    As far as the Palm is concerned, the PDA itself (m515) has County and
    Postcode so the Palm programmers were not that ignorant. That's what makes
    the desktop software even more irritating.

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  6. Re: UK Desktop?

    "Mark Fraser (News)" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > Harold Fuchs wrote:
    >> I'm using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 on Win XP Pro.

    >> It's in US English - addresses have states and Zip codes for example.

    >> Is there a UK English version that has counties and Postcodes instead?
    >> Where, please?

    > The majority of US programmers seem to think that English means US English
    > and not UK English and don't bother writing a different English version.

    Yup. This is partially because the majority of English-speaking users
    either don't mind or don't notice.

    > You can't even get Window$ XP Home with UK English enabled, which is why I
    > prefer to stick with RISC OS most of the time.

    That's a bit extreme...

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com