TX - Bluetooth mail download via Smart Phone. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX - Bluetooth mail download via Smart Phone. - Palmtop ; I have done some research on this topic on the net but I can't find a clear cut answer. I plan to buy a TX and need to confirm that I can download mail via bluetooth on a WAP compatible ...

  1. TX - Bluetooth mail download via Smart Phone.

    I have done some research on this topic on the net but I can't find a
    clear cut answer.

    I plan to buy a TX and need to confirm that I can download mail via
    bluetooth on a WAP compatible or smart phone that has a GPRS data line.
    My current phone is a Nokia 8210. I can configure my TC to connect
    via infra red to the Nokia 8210 modem and dialup my ISP. This is very
    expensive. I could never get GPRS to work on the TC/Nokia setup even
    though my mobile accouint had a dedicated data line.

    Can the TX pull down mail from an ISP on a bluetooth connection from a
    GPRS phone assuming the phone has established the network connection?

    Thanks in advance.

    Patrick.

  2. Re: TX - Bluetooth mail download via Smart Phone.

    Dear Patrick

    Should be no problem at all (works fine on my E2).

    If you want to make the whole business a lot easier, you could have a
    look at

    http://www.novamedia.de/download/e_demo_mhs_palm.html

    That way, your TX will take charge and instruct the phone to connect
    with your ISP via GPRS.

    Regards

    John

    Patrick Finnegan wrote:

    > Can the TX pull down mail from an ISP on a bluetooth connection from a
    > GPRS phone assuming the phone has established the network connection?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Patrick.

+ Reply to Thread