Palm m515 Jacksafe/Jackflash corrupted flash memory - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm m515 Jacksafe/Jackflash corrupted flash memory - Palmtop ; Hello, I have a problem with my Palm m515. I installed Jackflash and Jacksafe on my Palm. After starting Jackflash I moved some applications to FlashRom. Then I started Jacksafe which crashed with a fatal reset. After that the Palm ...

  1. Palm m515 Jacksafe/Jackflash corrupted flash memory

    Hello,

    I have a problem with my Palm m515. I installed Jackflash and Jacksafe
    on my Palm. After starting Jackflash I moved some applications to
    FlashRom. Then I started Jacksafe which crashed with a fatal reset.
    After that the Palm hangs in the reset screen. I tried all kind of
    resets (Hard reset, reset with UP-button, reset with memo-button) but
    none of them worked. I have seen a solution where Brayder sent some
    files to repair the Palm. Unfortunately Brayder is out of business
    (according to their homepage) so I expect no help from them (although I
    contacted them).

    Does anyone know what to do or where to get the repair files?

    Please help!
    Thanks in advance
    Bernd

    Please reply to bgrubert@uni-bremenDOTde (replaced DOT with .)

  2. Re: Palm m515 Jacksafe/Jackflash corrupted flash memory

    Addendum:
    I have access to another plam m515. May be I can download the OS and
    copied to my dead palm.
    Does this work?
    If so,what utilities would I need to do this?

    Desperately looking for help
    Bernd

  3. Re: Palm m515 Jacksafe/Jackflash corrupted flash memory

    Hello all,

    It's working again. I received some files to repair the rom.

    Best regards and thnks for the support
    Bernd

+ Reply to Thread