How to install OS 4.1 via Windows XP? - Palmtop

  1. How to install OS 4.1 via Windows XP?

    When I attempt to install OS 4.1 on my m500, the upgrade program tells me it
    isn't compatible with WinXP. What is the workaround?

  2. Re: How to install OS 4.1 via Windows XP?

    WDS wrote:

    > When I attempt to install OS 4.1 on my m500, the upgrade program tells me it
    > isn't compatible with WinXP. What is the workaround?

    What's the exact error message?

    (I had no problem installing 4.1 w/XP.)

    Notan

  3. Re: How to install OS 4.1 via Windows XP?

    In article <45356880$0$19683$88260bb3@free.teranews.com>, WDS says...

    > When I attempt to install OS 4.1 on my m500, the upgrade program tells me it
    > isn't compatible with WinXP. What is the workaround?

    Right-click the installer and change it to run in '98 compatible mode.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  4. Re: How to install OS 4.1 via Windows XP?

    Thank you. I will try that.

    news:MPG.1fa01fe82e1de0fa9896fd@news.frontiernet.n et...