Blazer javascript question - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Blazer javascript question - Palmtop ; Hi all I have a Treo 650 with the Blazer browser on it. I want to check my email using my ISP's webmail service (checking your account on their web site rather than downloading the email, since Shaw doesn't allow ...

  1. Blazer javascript question

    Hi all

    I have a Treo 650 with the Blazer browser on it.

    I want to check my email using my ISP's webmail service (checking your
    account on their web site rather than downloading the email, since
    Shaw doesn't allow non-Shaw IP addresses to access their POP server).

    When I go to Shaw's web site, it says that Javascript is disabled and
    won't let me log in.

    1) Does Blazer 4.0 use Javascript? I think it does, because it has an
    option to disable it.

    2) If it does, why does the web site say I have it disabled? The
    "Disable Javascript" check box in the General Preferences is
    unchecked, so I would think that Javascript would be enabled.

    Any guesses on what the problem might be?

    Thanks.

    Dave

  2. Re: Blazer javascript question

    Hi,

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a Treo 650 with the Blazer browser on it.
    >
    > I want to check my email using my ISP's webmail service (checking your
    > account on their web site rather than downloading the email, since
    > Shaw doesn't allow non-Shaw IP addresses to access their POP server).
    >
    > When I go to Shaw's web site, it says that Javascript is disabled and
    > won't let me log in.
    >
    > 1) Does Blazer 4.0 use Javascript? I think it does, because it has an
    > option to disable it.
    >
    > 2) If it does, why does the web site say I have it disabled? The
    > "Disable Javascript" check box in the General Preferences is
    > unchecked, so I would think that Javascript would be enabled.
    >
    > Any guesses on what the problem might be?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Dave

    Blazer supports only a subset of JavaScript. Most notably, it supports
    only very limited use of DOM Level 2 methods. Probably the website you
    want to access makes use of these functions in an unfriendly way. I
    suggest changing ISP and choosing one with a POP access. Mobile Web
    access to email is very cumbersome with mobile devices. POP acces, in
    the contrary, is very nice and easy.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

  3. Re: Blazer javascript question

    On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:00:41 +0200, Laurent Bugnion
    wrote:

    >Blazer supports only a subset of JavaScript. Most notably, it supports
    >only very limited use of DOM Level 2 methods. Probably the website you
    >want to access makes use of these functions in an unfriendly way. I
    >suggest changing ISP and choosing one with a POP access. Mobile Web
    >access to email is very cumbersome with mobile devices. POP acces, in
    >the contrary, is very nice and easy.

    Sorry, but at the moment changing ISPs is out of the question.

    However, it is nice to know what the problem most likely is.

    Thank you for responding.

    Dave

  4. Re: Blazer javascript question

    Dave wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:00:41 +0200, Laurent Bugnion
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Blazer supports only a subset of JavaScript. Most notably, it supports
    >> only very limited use of DOM Level 2 methods. Probably the website you
    >> want to access makes use of these functions in an unfriendly way. I
    >> suggest changing ISP and choosing one with a POP access. Mobile Web
    >> access to email is very cumbersome with mobile devices. POP acces, in
    >> the contrary, is very nice and easy.

    > Sorry, but at the moment changing ISPs is out of the question.
    >
    > However, it is nice to know what the problem most likely is.
    >
    > Thank you for responding.
    >
    > Dave

    Sign up for a free yahoo webmail account. Works great on blazer.

  5. Re: Blazer javascript question

    On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:18:59 GMT, Chuck
    wrote:

    >Dave wrote:

    >> Sorry, but at the moment changing ISPs is out of the question.
    >>
    >> However, it is nice to know what the problem most likely is.
    >>
    >> Thank you for responding.

    >Sign up for a free yahoo webmail account. Works great on blazer.

    Actually, that's what we've done in the meantime. It does work
    wonders.

    Dave

  6. Re: Blazer javascript question

    Dave Roy wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:18:59 GMT, Chuck
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Dave wrote:

    >>> Sorry, but at the moment changing ISPs is out of the question.
    >>>
    >>> However, it is nice to know what the problem most likely is.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for responding.

    >> Sign up for a free yahoo webmail account. Works great on blazer.

    > Actually, that's what we've done in the meantime. It does work
    > wonders.
    >
    > Dave

    Just don't try to set up versamail. It resets my device 50% of the times
    I launch it. I've given up on it.

  7. Re: Blazer javascript question

    On 2006-10-17 16:15:34 -0500, Dave said:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a Treo 650 with the Blazer browser on it.
    >
    > I want to check my email using my ISP's webmail service (checking your
    > account on their web site rather than downloading the email, since
    > Shaw doesn't allow non-Shaw IP addresses to access their POP server).
    >
    > When I go to Shaw's web site, it says that Javascript is disabled and
    > won't let me log in.
    >
    > 1) Does Blazer 4.0 use Javascript? I think it does, because it has an
    > option to disable it.
    >
    > 2) If it does, why does the web site say I have it disabled? The
    > "Disable Javascript" check box in the General Preferences is
    > unchecked, so I would think that Javascript would be enabled.
    >
    > Any guesses on what the problem might be?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Dave

    I'm not sure if it'll work, but you might try installing the Opera mini
    browser - it works really well on my TX, and will work with some web
    pages that blazer won't, and vice-versa.
    --
    I only talk like that in the movies

  8. Re: Blazer javascript question

    On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:13:27 -0500, Yoda wrote:

    >I'm not sure if it'll work, but you might try installing the Opera mini
    >browser - it works really well on my TX, and will work with some web
    >pages that blazer won't, and vice-versa.

    Thanks, Yoda!! I'll give that a try.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread