PalmOne Photos for Windows - Palmtop

  2. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    Chuck wrote :
    > Anyone know where I can download the photos desktop component for
    > Windows? I've got lots of pictures and movie clips on the Treo's SD card
    > but I think I need this app to move them to the desktop. I installed the
    > Palm Desktop but the photos app isn't there.
    >
    > TIA.

    Hello Chuck,

    Did you try reding the SD card in a regular (PC) card reader ?

    I don't own a Treo (yet) so I cannot confirm this will work, but I would
    give a try...

    Charly

  3. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

  4. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    Connect the palm via the sync cable and use something like Softick Card
    Export (www.softick.com) or PFB (filepc2pda.prc) was original from
    www.ghisler.com .

    Alternatively buy a PCMCIA Card Reader, got a 6 in 1 for 10 from
    MobyMemory.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Chuck" wrote in message

  5. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    Gerry (The MOTH) wrote:
    > Connect the palm via the sync cable and use something like Softick Card
    > Export (www.softick.com) or PFB (filepc2pda.prc) was original from
    > www.ghisler.com .
    >
    > Alternatively buy a PCMCIA Card Reader, got a 6 in 1 for 10 from
    > MobyMemory.

    Thanks. I downloaded PFB since it's free but am still having a few
    problems. The only connection method I have available is bluetooth via a
    virtual com port on the windows side. When I start up filepc2pda on the
    Treo, it asks for the passkey on windows. I have no clue what it is.
    That pairing was set up weeks ago and AFAIK it was stored somewhere in
    windows. I use BT to hotsync and it never asks for a passkey then. Do I
    need a 2nd pairing or a 2nd virtual com port? I tried shutting down
    hotsync manager thinking that might be causing a conflict over the port
    that didn't help. TIA.

  6. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    By photo app, do you mean the conduit? That's all that gets installed.
    I have one called Media and one called Treo Pictures - I am not sure
    which one is actually used. Do you have either one or both of those?

    You did not say what Treo you have. I had a Treo 600, and the photos
    went to Program Files\Handspring\(abbrev hotsync ID)\Photos. And they
    did provide a desktop shortcut to go there. Now I have a Treo 650, and
    the photos go to My Documents\My Pictures\palmone photos\(abbrev
    hotsync id).

    Hope that helps.

    Dan

    Chuck wrote:

  7. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    kronhead wrote:
    > By photo app, do you mean the conduit? That's all that gets installed.
    > I have one called Media and one called Treo Pictures - I am not sure
    > which one is actually used. Do you have either one or both of those?
    >
    > You did not say what Treo you have. I had a Treo 600, and the photos
    > went to Program Files\Handspring\(abbrev hotsync ID)\Photos. And they
    > did provide a desktop shortcut to go there. Now I have a Treo 650, and
    > the photos go to My Documents\My Pictures\palmone photos\(abbrev
    > hotsync id).
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > Dan

    It's a Treo 650.

    I suppose it's actually conduits I'm looking for but Palm refers to it
    as "Palm Photos". I don't have either conduit.

    The company I work for doesn't want us hotsyncing because they use
    goodlink for syncing wirelessly, so they don't give out the CD. A few of
    us techie types however are smart enough to know not to sync things that
    would touch outlook or exchange. Without the CD we're stuck downloading
    what we can from palmone and other web sites. When I downloaded the palm
    desktop software, it did not come with the Treo Pictures or Media
    conduits, so I guess that's what I really need.

    I've searched the Palm website and all I came up with is this...
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...esk42.html#req

    It's what I installed a few weeks ago and like the page says, it doesn't
    include the conduits for syncing pictures or videos.

    Any chance you or someone else could post a link to what I need? Or just
    email it directly to me? Just remove the "_nospam" from my email address.

    Even PFB would be fine if I could get it to work, but the filepc2pda app
    on the palm keeps saying "could not open com port". If I create a 2nd
    com port (assuming the the first one can only be used by hotsync), it
    connects, but the PC applicaion (PFB) doesn't see it.

  8. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    I just found someone who has the treo 650 cd posted on the internet. He
    has the sprint and cingular versions, as well as the verizon treo 700.
    Here's the URL in case anyone needs it.

    http://www.kcdaf.com/treo/

  9. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    Chuck wrote:
    > I just found someone who has the treo 650 cd posted on the internet. He
    > has the sprint and cingular versions, as well as the verizon treo 700.
    > Here's the URL in case anyone needs it.
    >
    > http://www.kcdaf.com/treo/

    Spoke too soon. The CD download appears to be corrupted. If anyone could
    email me a copy or post a link, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

  10. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    I think you said you use bluetooth? I don't think most things that work
    with hotsync will work with bluetooth (altho I could be wrong about
    that - is a virtual serial port the same as a real one?). One thing
    that should work is bluefiles from softick -
    http://www.softick.com/bluefiles/. I have not used it, but it sounds
    like it would do what you want.

    Dan

    Chuck wrote:

    > It's a Treo 650.
    >
    > I suppose it's actually conduits I'm looking for but Palm refers to it
    > as "Palm Photos". I don't have either conduit.
    >
    > The company I work for doesn't want us hotsyncing because they use
    > goodlink for syncing wirelessly, so they don't give out the CD. A few of
    > us techie types however are smart enough to know not to sync things that
    > would touch outlook or exchange. Without the CD we're stuck downloading
    > what we can from palmone and other web sites. When I downloaded the palm
    > desktop software, it did not come with the Treo Pictures or Media
    > conduits, so I guess that's what I really need.
    >
    > I've searched the Palm website and all I came up with is this...
    > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...esk42.html#req
    >
    > It's what I installed a few weeks ago and like the page says, it doesn't
    > include the conduits for syncing pictures or videos.
    >
    > Any chance you or someone else could post a link to what I need? Or just
    > email it directly to me? Just remove the "_nospam" from my email address.
    >
    > Even PFB would be fine if I could get it to work, but the filepc2pda app
    > on the palm keeps saying "could not open com port". If I create a 2nd
    > com port (assuming the the first one can only be used by hotsync), it
    > connects, but the PC applicaion (PFB) doesn't see it.

  11. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    In message <1161298517.652051.203750@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>
    "kronhead" wrote:

    >I think you said you use bluetooth? I don't think most things that work
    >with hotsync will work with bluetooth (altho I could be wrong about
    >that - is a virtual serial port the same as a real one?). One thing
    >that should work is bluefiles from softick -
    >http://www.softick.com/bluefiles/. I have not used it, but it sounds
    >like it would do what you want.

    The connection medium (Cable, bluetooth, 802.11b, cellular network)
    isn't important, as long as there is a connection.

    What is needed here is the conduits -- Palm's downloads are not entirely
    feature complete (Try getting DocsToGo from Palm any way other then CD,
    for example)

    --
    I'm a tagline virus, please copy me to your signature file

  12. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    Sorry - looking at my message, I don't think I meant what I wrote. Or I
    did not write what I meant. Things that work with hotsync will
    obviously work with bluetooth. What I MEANT to say was something like
    "connection applications OUTSIDE of hotsync probably won't work with
    BT." Like card export, pockettunes/windows media player, etc. But I
    would be happily proven wrong here as well.

    I just started using BT with my Treo 650, and I love it. Just walk near
    the PC, push hotsync ... it's ... it's .. MAGIC! I am also using
    Blueant's Supertooth 2 BT speakerphone - very nice.

    Dan

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    > The connection medium (Cable, bluetooth, 802.11b, cellular network)
    > isn't important, as long as there is a connection.
    >
    > What is needed here is the conduits -- Palm's downloads are not entirely
    > feature complete (Try getting DocsToGo from Palm any way other then CD,
    > for example)
    >
    > --
    > I'm a tagline virus, please copy me to your signature file

  13. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    In message <1161333007.787209.186540@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>
    "kronhead" wrote:

    >Sorry - looking at my message, I don't think I meant what I wrote. Or I
    >did not write what I meant. Things that work with hotsync will
    >obviously work with bluetooth. What I MEANT to say was something like
    >"connection applications OUTSIDE of hotsync probably won't work with
    >BT." Like card export, pockettunes/windows media player, etc. But I
    >would be happily proven wrong here as well.
    >
    >I just started using BT with my Treo 650, and I love it. Just walk near
    >the PC, push hotsync ... it's ... it's .. MAGIC! I am also using
    >Blueant's Supertooth 2 BT speakerphone - very nice.

    Yeah, the magic of HotSyncing wirelessly is really something the first
    time. I had a T|E2 and loved that feature enough to put up with the
    instability until the screen cracked *whew*

    Went with a T|X, was even better, I could HotSync via 802.11b anywhere
    inside or outside of my house.

    I don't have my Treo 650 hotsyncing via BT yet, but once I move I will
    set it up ASAP (pretty much once the box with my desktop BT adapter is
    unpacked)

    On of the other cool things, I have BT on my laptop which allows my Palm
    to share the laptop's VPN, so with my TE2 and T|X I could hotsync from
    anywhere on the planet that I could VPN from.

    I'm trying to justify the cost of a VPN client for the Treo, but I just
    don't really *need* to HotSync remotely all that often and all my other
    local resources are available via HTTPS too.

    --
    If you take a shower, where do you put it?

  14. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <1161333007.787209.186540@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>
    > "kronhead" wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry - looking at my message, I don't think I meant what I wrote. Or I
    >> did not write what I meant. Things that work with hotsync will
    >> obviously work with bluetooth. What I MEANT to say was something like
    >> "connection applications OUTSIDE of hotsync probably won't work with
    >> BT." Like card export, pockettunes/windows media player, etc. But I
    >> would be happily proven wrong here as well.
    >>
    >> I just started using BT with my Treo 650, and I love it. Just walk near
    >> the PC, push hotsync ... it's ... it's .. MAGIC! I am also using
    >> Blueant's Supertooth 2 BT speakerphone - very nice.

    > Yeah, the magic of HotSyncing wirelessly is really something the first
    > time. I had a T|E2 and loved that feature enough to put up with the
    > instability until the screen cracked *whew*
    >
    > Went with a T|X, was even better, I could HotSync via 802.11b anywhere
    > inside or outside of my house.
    >
    > I don't have my Treo 650 hotsyncing via BT yet, but once I move I will
    > set it up ASAP (pretty much once the box with my desktop BT adapter is
    > unpacked)
    >
    > On of the other cool things, I have BT on my laptop which allows my Palm
    > to share the laptop's VPN, so with my TE2 and T|X I could hotsync from
    > anywhere on the planet that I could VPN from.
    >
    > I'm trying to justify the cost of a VPN client for the Treo, but I just
    > don't really *need* to HotSync remotely all that often and all my other
    > local resources are available via HTTPS too.

    Getting BT to work the first time was a bit tricky but it may have just
    been me as I had never used BT before. I had it working with virtual com
    port com4 for one or two hotsyncs but then it suddenly stopped working.
    I had to add a 2nd virtual com port and switch hotsync manager to that
    one (com5). Ever since it's been working 100%. I just don't have the
    conduit I need yet.

  15. Re: PalmOne Photos for Windows

    kronhead wrote:
    > I think you said you use bluetooth? I don't think most things that work
    > with hotsync will work with bluetooth (altho I could be wrong about
    > that - is a virtual serial port the same as a real one?). One thing
    > that should work is bluefiles from softick -
    > http://www.softick.com/bluefiles/. I have not used it, but it sounds
    > like it would do what you want.
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > Chuck wrote:
    >> It's a Treo 650.
    >>
    >> I suppose it's actually conduits I'm looking for but Palm refers to it
    >> as "Palm Photos". I don't have either conduit.
    >>
    >> The company I work for doesn't want us hotsyncing because they use
    >> goodlink for syncing wirelessly, so they don't give out the CD. A few of
    >> us techie types however are smart enough to know not to sync things that
    >> would touch outlook or exchange. Without the CD we're stuck downloading
    >> what we can from palmone and other web sites. When I downloaded the palm
    >> desktop software, it did not come with the Treo Pictures or Media
    >> conduits, so I guess that's what I really need.
    >>
    >> I've searched the Palm website and all I came up with is this...
    >> http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...esk42.html#req
    >>
    >> It's what I installed a few weeks ago and like the page says, it doesn't
    >> include the conduits for syncing pictures or videos.
    >>
    >> Any chance you or someone else could post a link to what I need? Or just
    >> email it directly to me? Just remove the "_nospam" from my email address.
    >>
    >> Even PFB would be fine if I could get it to work, but the filepc2pda app
    >> on the palm keeps saying "could not open com port". If I create a 2nd
    >> com port (assuming the the first one can only be used by hotsync), it
    >> connects, but the PC applicaion (PFB) doesn't see it.

    Thanks. I'm looking for a free application though.

+ Reply to Thread