Tungsten E2 Screen Offset - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tungsten E2 Screen Offset - Palmtop ; My Tungsten is less than a year old, and has developed a screen offset. When tapping on the screen, the taps register about 1/8 of an inch above where I actually tap. When I run the calibration utility, it loops ...

  1. Tungsten E2 Screen Offset

    My Tungsten is less than a year old, and has developed a screen offset.
    When tapping on the screen, the taps register about 1/8 of an inch
    above where I actually tap. When I run the calibration utility, it
    loops repeatidly. I can (and have) spent 2 minutes taping on the
    centers of those stupids targets. It has no effect. This makes me
    believe that it is a hardware problem, and not a software issue. It
    has also been flakey (at best) when using new software.

  2. Re: Tungsten E2 Screen Offset

    "Erik" wrote in message
    news:1161049826.192239.73750@i42g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > My Tungsten is less than a year old, and has developed a screen offset.
    > When tapping on the screen, the taps register about 1/8 of an inch
    > above where I actually tap. When I run the calibration utility, it
    > loops repeatidly. I can (and have) spent 2 minutes taping on the
    > centers of those stupids targets. It has no effect. This makes me
    > believe that it is a hardware problem, and not a software issue. It
    > has also been flakey (at best) when using new software.

    I had the same exact problem with T|E2 (same age), the screen also sounded
    little noise.
    No solution with calibration utility (loop infinite unless with little false
    tap near the target).
    Even with hard reset did the same.
    The unit never dropped, the screen was complete intact and clean.
    I checked carefully, if any little object was under the display frame.

    After that, i sent the Palm to repair (to Palm here in Italy) after contact
    with their email support.
    After _Seven day_ it came back complete repaired (i think the changed the
    display) the unit is the same (serial number).

  3. Re: Tungsten E2 Screen Offset

    Did it cost anything to have them fix it? Mine also has the
    high-pitched sound.
    By the way, I wish to announce the creation of the Tungsten E2 group at
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/tungsten-e2

    On Oct 17, 4:32 pm, "Fanzo" wrote:
    > "Erik" wrote in messagenews:1161049826.192239.73750@i42g2000cwa.go oglegroups.com...
    >
    > > My Tungsten is less than a year old, and has developed ascreenoffset.
    > > When tapping on thescreen, the taps register about 1/8 of an inch
    > > above where I actually tap. When I run the calibration utility, it
    > > loops repeatidly. I can (and have) spent 2 minutes taping on the
    > > centers of those stupids targets. It has no effect. This makes me
    > > believe that it is a hardware problem, and not a software issue. It
    > > has also been flakey (at best) when using new software.I had the same exact problem with T|E2(same age), thescreenalso sounded

    > little noise.
    > No solution with calibration utility (loop infinite unless with little false
    > tap near the target).
    > Even with hard reset did the same.
    > The unit never dropped, thescreenwas complete intact and clean.
    > I checked carefully, if any little object was under the display frame.
    >
    > After that, i sent the Palm to repair (to Palm here in Italy) after contact
    > with their email support.
    > After _Seven day_ it came back complete repaired (i think the changed the
    > display) the unit is the same (serial number).

  4. Re: Tungsten E2 Screen Offset

    Yes,

    It cost nothing at all (spedition included), the unit was 7 month old.

    Goodbye

    "Erik" wrote in message
    news:1161796210.535747.62470@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > Did it cost anything to have them fix it? Mine also has the
    > high-pitched sound.
    > By the way, I wish to announce the creation of the Tungsten E2 group at
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/tungsten-e2
    >

    > On Oct 17, 4:32 pm, "Fanzo" wrote:
    > > "Erik" wrote in

    messagenews:1161049826.192239.73750@i42g2000cwa.go oglegroups.com...

    > > > My Tungsten is less than a year old, and has developed ascreenoffset.
    > > > When tapping on thescreen, the taps register about 1/8 of an inch
    > > > above where I actually tap. When I run the calibration utility, it
    > > > loops repeatidly. I can (and have) spent 2 minutes taping on the
    > > > centers of those stupids targets. It has no effect. This makes me
    > > > believe that it is a hardware problem, and not a software issue. It
    > > > has also been flakey (at best) when using new software.I had the same

    exact problem with T|E2(same age), thescreenalso sounded
    > > little noise.
    > > No solution with calibration utility (loop infinite unless with little

    false
    > > tap near the target).
    > > Even with hard reset did the same.
    > > The unit never dropped, thescreenwas complete intact and clean.
    > > I checked carefully, if any little object was under the display frame.
    > >
    > > After that, i sent the Palm to repair (to Palm here in Italy) after

    contact
    > > with their email support.
    > > After _Seven day_ it came back complete repaired (i think the changed

    the
    > > display) the unit is the same (serial number).

+ Reply to Thread