alternative to datebook? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on alternative to datebook? - Palmtop ; Hi I would like to find an alternative to DateBook on my Palm m515. I am looking for something where I can categorize appointments, fx private and work, and then see only appointments in that category. Is that possible in ...

  1. alternative to datebook?

    Hi

    I would like to find an alternative to DateBook on my Palm m515. I am
    looking for something where I can categorize appointments, fx private
    and work, and then see only appointments in that category.

    Is that possible in Calendar from OS 5? If yes, is it somehow possible
    to copy an application from ROM to RAM?

    I have tried Agendus and DateBk4, but they are too big and slow. Do you
    know other calendars where I keep the speed and simple layout, but also
    get categories.

    Oh, yes. If it can beam the entire calendar to another palm, and not
    just one appointment at a time, then that would be could be cool.

    --
    Thomas
    * UkeChords for Palm - www.tj-software.dk

  2. Re: alternative to datebook?

    Download a trial of 'Clearsync' at www.Handango.com It has a palm and
    desktop program with full two way syncing. You can also sync with the
    Clearsync web site and view your calendar(s) from any web browser. The
    program cost is $19.95 if it turns out to be any good.
    I have my Clearsync calendar set for home and work apps. I can view each
    seperate or both together. Similarly appointments can be categorised in as
    many or as few categories as you have set up. The palm calendar has a
    default category which sync's with the normal palm datebook

    "Thomas Jensen" wrote in message
    news:452a6539$0$4169$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net. ..
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to find an alternative to DateBook on my Palm m515. I am
    > looking for something where I can categorize appointments, fx private and
    > work, and then see only appointments in that category.
    >
    > Is that possible in Calendar from OS 5? If yes, is it somehow possible to
    > copy an application from ROM to RAM?
    >
    > I have tried Agendus and DateBk4, but they are too big and slow. Do you
    > know other calendars where I keep the speed and simple layout, but also
    > get categories.
    >
    > Oh, yes. If it can beam the entire calendar to another palm, and not just
    > one appointment at a time, then that would be could be cool.
    >
    > --
    > Thomas
    > * UkeChords for Palm - www.tj-software.dk

  3. Re: alternative to datebook?

    TungstenC wrote:
    > Download a trial of 'Clearsync' at www.Handango.com It has a palm and
    > desktop program with full two way syncing. You can also sync with the
    > Clearsync web site and view your calendar(s) from any web browser.

    It is far more than I need (and want). I want something really small and
    simple. I think the built in Calendar in OS 5 will satisfy me (because
    it has categories). Any suggestions?

    BTW - is it totally impossible to "extract" the calendar from a OS 5
    device and copy it to a OS 4.1 device?

    Thomas

  4. Re: alternative to datebook?

    "Thomas Jensen" wrote in message
    news:452a6539$0$4169$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net. ..
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to find an alternative to DateBook on my Palm m515. I am looking for
    > something where I can categorize appointments, fx private and work, and then see
    > only appointments in that category.
    >
    > Is that possible in Calendar from OS 5? If yes, is it somehow possible to copy an
    > application from ROM to RAM?
    >
    > I have tried Agendus and DateBk4, but they are too big and slow. Do you know other
    > calendars where I keep the speed and simple layout, but also get categories.
    >
    > Oh, yes. If it can beam the entire calendar to another palm, and not just one
    > appointment at a time, then that would be could be cool.
    >
    > --
    > Thomas
    > * UkeChords for Palm - www.tj-software.dk

    I also found DateBk4 too big, so I use DateBk3. Have you tried that? It's an
    improvement over the basic Datebook but not overly bloated.

    Adam

  5. Re: alternative to datebook?

    On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:34:33 -0500, Bill Marcum wrote
    (in article ):

    > I don't have an OS4 device to test, but by setting FileZ to show ROM
    > databases, you might be able to copy or beam it. Whether it would work
    > under OS 4 is another question.

    I would be shocked if the Palm OS 5 version of Calendar would run under Palm
    OS 4.

  6. Re: alternative to datebook?

    Adam Helberg wrote:
    > "Thomas Jensen" wrote in message
    > news:452a6539$0$4169$ba624c82@nntp02.dk.telia.net. ..
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I would like to find an alternative to DateBook on my Palm m515. I am looking for
    > > something where I can categorize appointments, fx private and work, and then see
    > > only appointments in that category.
    > >
    > > Is that possible in Calendar from OS 5? If yes, is it somehow possible to copy an
    > > application from ROM to RAM?
    > >
    > > I have tried Agendus and DateBk4, but they are too big and slow. Do you know other
    > > calendars where I keep the speed and simple layout, but also get categories.
    > >
    > > Oh, yes. If it can beam the entire calendar to another palm, and not just one
    > > appointment at a time, then that would be could be cool.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Thomas
    > > * UkeChords for Palm - www.tj-software.dk

    > I also found DateBk4 too big, so I use DateBk3. Have you tried that? It's an
    > improvement over the basic Datebook but not overly bloated.
    >
    > Adam

    Good idea. iambic Software also has links to earlier versions of
    Agendus, some much, much smaller than the most recent.

  7. Re: alternative to datebook?

    I used DateBk5 for years then switched to KeySuite. It is great if you
    want more of your Outlook data to transfer over to your Palm.

+ Reply to Thread