Problem installing new applications - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Problem installing new applications - Palmtop ; Lately I have been having problems installing new palm applications. I will download the application but it will not be shown in the files to be downloaded to handheld in next synchronization. When I try to click on the prc ...

  1. Problem installing new applications

    Lately I have been having problems installing new palm applications. I
    will download the application but it will not be shown in the files to
    be downloaded to handheld in next synchronization. When I try to click
    on the prc application I get message that it is already in my download
    file but I don't see it and it never gets downloaded to handheld.

    Any ideas what the problem is?

    Thanx,

    Rich

  2. Re: Problem installing new applications

    On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:56:06 -0400, Bill Marcum
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:51:38 -1000, rich@notyahoo.com
    > wrote:
    >> Lately I have been having problems installing new palm applications. I
    >> will download the application but it will not be shown in the files to
    >> be downloaded to handheld in next synchronization. When I try to click
    >> on the prc application I get message that it is already in my download
    >> file but I don't see it and it never gets downloaded to handheld.
    >>
    >> Any ideas what the problem is?
    >>

    >Are you sure you have enough memory?

    Yes, I have plenty of memory.

    Rich

  3. Re: Problem installing new applications

    Do you have more than one hotsync ID defined on your PC? Its possible
    that palm desktop is using an inactive sync ID, and thats the one that
    the program is queued up for.

    Dan

    rich@notyahoo.com wrote:
    > Lately I have been having problems installing new palm applications. I
    > will download the application but it will not be shown in the files to
    > be downloaded to handheld in next synchronization. When I try to click
    > on the prc application I get message that it is already in my download
    > file but I don't see it and it never gets downloaded to handheld.
    >
    > Any ideas what the problem is?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Rich

  4. Re: Problem installing new applications

    On 3 Oct 2006 09:06:42 -0700, "kronhead" wrote:

    >Do you have more than one hotsync ID defined on your PC? Its possible
    >that palm desktop is using an inactive sync ID, and thats the one that
    >the program is queued up for.

    I do have more than one hotsynch ID defined on my PC as I have two
    pdas. I reinstalled the software and the problems resolved itself.

    Unfortunately now I have a problem with my newest pda whenever I
    install a program that requires a reset. After the reset, the
    digitizers goes out of whack and on some screen the stylus cannot
    activate anything. I have to do a hard reset in order to get the pda
    back to working out. As a result I am unable to update the OS from
    3.5.0 to 3.5.3

    Rich

    >Dan
    >

    >rich@notyahoo.com wrote:
    >> Lately I have been having problems installing new palm applications. I
    >> will download the application but it will not be shown in the files to
    >> be downloaded to handheld in next synchronization. When I try to click
    >> on the prc application I get message that it is already in my download
    >> file but I don't see it and it never gets downloaded to handheld.
    >>
    >> Any ideas what the problem is?
    >>
    >> Thanx,
    >>
    >> Rich

+ Reply to Thread