Installing apps - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Installing apps - Palmtop ; When I install an application on my Treo 650 does it get installed in the internal memory or on the memory card? And if I installed an app before I had a memory card, obviously it's in the internal memory. ...

  1. Installing apps

    When I install an application on my Treo 650 does it get installed in
    the internal memory or on the memory card? And if I installed an app
    before I had a memory card, obviously it's in the internal memory. Is
    there any way to move it to the memory card?

    TIA

  2. Re: Installing apps

    I use InWatch (www.stacworks.com) to install all apps to my Treo 600, then
    move to the SD using PowerRUN. (www.simple-palm.com). I couldn't be without
    InWatch now, cos I try out alot of apps and I hate getting left with extra
    files the uninstallers don't remove and with PowerRUN you have a shortcut
    installed on the internal memory which you can then put in any category.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Chuck" wrote in message
    > When I install an application on my Treo 650 does it get installed in
    > the internal memory or on the memory card? And if I installed an app
    > before I had a memory card, obviously it's in the internal memory. Is
    > there any way to move it to the memory card?
    >
    > TIA

  3. Re: Installing apps

    Chuck wrote:
    > When I install an application on my Treo 650 does it get installed in
    > the internal memory or on the memory card? And if I installed an app
    > before I had a memory card, obviously it's in the internal memory. Is
    > there any way to move it to the memory card?
    >
    > TIA

    Hello Chuck,

    This is Kevin from Palm. When you install an application on your Treo
    650 it is installed in the internal memory. Gerry makes some good
    suggestions regarding install/uninstall and running applications from
    the SD card. Another handy utility to have is fileZ. It allows you to
    see all your files and where exactly they reside. It's free and can be
    found at http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/2367

    Sincerely,
    Kevin

    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what's new at
    http://www.palm.com/

  4. Re: Installing apps

    paul.novotny@palmone.com wrote:
    > Chuck wrote:
    >> When I install an application on my Treo 650 does it get installed in
    >> the internal memory or on the memory card? And if I installed an app
    >> before I had a memory card, obviously it's in the internal memory. Is
    >> there any way to move it to the memory card?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Hello Chuck,
    >
    > This is Kevin from Palm. When you install an application on your Treo
    > 650 it is installed in the internal memory. Gerry makes some good
    > suggestions regarding install/uninstall and running applications from
    > the SD card. Another handy utility to have is fileZ. It allows you to
    > see all your files and where exactly they reside. It's free and can be
    > found at http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/2367

    So if I've installed a couple of apps already and they are in the
    internal memory, how do I get them to the SD card once I get one (it
    should be arriving any day)? Can I move them or should I delete and
    reinstall them? Also what about just using quickinstall? Can I just drag
    the file to the "expansion card" window of quickinstall and do a hotsync?

  5. Re: Installing apps

    Press MENU button and select Apps\Copy

    This will copy the app to the memord card in the PALM\Launcher folder.

    "Chuck" wrote in message
    > paul.novotny@palmone.com wrote:
    >> Chuck wrote:
    >>> When I install an application on my Treo 650 does it get installed in
    >>> the internal memory or on the memory card? And if I installed an app
    >>> before I had a memory card, obviously it's in the internal memory. Is
    >>> there any way to move it to the memory card?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Hello Chuck,
    >>
    >> This is Kevin from Palm. When you install an application on your Treo
    >> 650 it is installed in the internal memory. Gerry makes some good
    >> suggestions regarding install/uninstall and running applications from
    >> the SD card. Another handy utility to have is fileZ. It allows you to
    >> see all your files and where exactly they reside. It's free and can be
    >> found at http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/2367

    > So if I've installed a couple of apps already and they are in the
    > internal memory, how do I get them to the SD card once I get one (it
    > should be arriving any day)? Can I move them or should I delete and
    > reinstall them? Also what about just using quickinstall? Can I just drag
    > the file to the "expansion card" window of quickinstall and do a hotsync?

+ Reply to Thread