How do I sync? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on How do I sync? - Palmtop ; My company uses Goodlink to update the Treo650. I want to add in programs of my own, but not change any of the stuff they have? What is the best way for me to sync the treo to my computer ...

  1. How do I sync?

    My company uses Goodlink to update the Treo650. I want to add in
    programs of my own, but not change any of the stuff they have? What is
    the best way for me to sync the treo to my computer so I can put
    software on the Treo (like mapping software, etc..). Thx .

  2. Re: How do I sync?

    dbrave@gmail.com wrote:
    > My company uses Goodlink to update the Treo650. I want to add in
    > programs of my own, but not change any of the stuff they have? What is
    > the best way for me to sync the treo to my computer so I can put
    > software on the Treo (like mapping software, etc..). Thx .

    Sounds like you work at my company :-). I just got the same device and
    same software (Goodlink). I love the goodlink software as it keeps me
    always in sync with Exchange wirelessly. Sort of like a blackberry. I
    only wish it supported Exchange's categories but that's planned for a
    future release.

    Install the Quick Install and Hotsync apps from the distibution CD or
    from the palm web site. Right click the hotsync icon in the systray,
    select "Custom", and disable all conduits permanently (i.e. check the
    "Set as default" checkbox) except for Quick Install, Install to card,
    Install service templates, and backup. When you want to install an app
    you just run the apps installer and the next time you sync it will be
    installed.

    Don't try to sync the calendar, email, or any other PIM conduits. I've
    been told that can screw up the Goodlink sync. The conduits also sync
    the built in apps and Goodlink doesn't use them. It uses it's own
    calendar, email, and contacts.

+ Reply to Thread