Location of Menu Button - Palm 700p - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Location of Menu Button - Palm 700p - Palmtop ; Does anyone find the location of the Menu access button (lower right hand corner of device) a little inconvenient for one hand navigation? I find myself using this button a quite a bit and it is awkard to access when ...

  1. Location of Menu Button - Palm 700p

    Does anyone find the location of the Menu access button (lower right
    hand corner of device) a little inconvenient for one hand navigation?
    I find myself using this button a quite a bit and it is awkard to
    access when holding my phone in the right hand.

    Are there other ways to access the dropdown menus?
    Can the Green phone button be reprogrammed? Don't even use this button
    - just use the center button of the one hand navigation.

    Thanks,
    Richard.

  2. Re: Location of Menu Button - Palm 700p

    Don't know if its the same as the Treo 600, but you can change the
    Phone/Calender/Mail/Lock buttons from the 'Preferences' under 'Buttons', but
    there isn't an option to select Menu.

    "Richard" wrote in message
    news:1159450932.529876.106030@k70g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Does anyone find the location of the Menu access button (lower right
    > hand corner of device) a little inconvenient for one hand navigation?
    > I find myself using this button a quite a bit and it is awkard to
    > access when holding my phone in the right hand.
    >
    > Are there other ways to access the dropdown menus?
    > Can the Green phone button be reprogrammed? Don't even use this button
    > - just use the center button of the one hand navigation.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Richard.

  3. Re: Location of Menu Button - Palm 700p

    Richard wrote:
    > Does anyone find the location of the Menu access button (lower right
    > hand corner of device) a little inconvenient for one hand navigation?
    > I find myself using this button a quite a bit and it is awkard to
    > access when holding my phone in the right hand.
    >
    > Are there other ways to access the dropdown menus?

    In most programs (a few block it), the menus can be accessed simply by
    tapping on the invisible menu bar), though that is of limited help for
    the one-hand case.

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres

  4. Re: Location of Menu Button - Palm 700p

    Richard wrote:
    > Can the Green phone button be reprogrammed? Don't even use this button
    > - just use the center button of the one hand navigation.

    Totally agree. This button is useless. A good opportunity for a
    programmer to create a useful utiity.

    -Doug

  5. re: location of menu button - palm 700p

    dhoffman@talkamerica.net wrote:
    >Totally agree. This button is useless. A good opportunity for
    >programmer to create a useful utiity

    ...which you can find at ludustech.com/ludusp :-

    Mar

  6. Re: location of menu button - palm 700p

    Marc D. Field wrote:
    > dhoffman@talkamerica.net wrote:
    > >Totally agree. This button is useless. A good opportunity for a
    > >programmer to create a useful utiity.
    > >

    > ...which you can find at ludustech.com/ludusp :-)

    Great! I've got it. Thanks!

    -Doug