Writing to the Tungsten T3 ROM - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Writing to the Tungsten T3 ROM - Palmtop ; The thing about my old, old T3 is that it doesn't take much effort to drain the battery completely. The programs I need disappear, and constantly re-hotsyncing it has become a nuisance. The salient solution to this seems to be ...

  1. Writing to the Tungsten T3 ROM

    The thing about my old, old T3 is that it doesn't take much effort to
    drain the battery completely. The programs I need disappear, and
    constantly re-hotsyncing it has become a nuisance. The salient solution
    to this seems to be storing my programs (the ones I don't want to lose)
    in ROM. Jackflash/Jacksprat seems to be the only programs that are able
    to do this, but I can't seem to purchase them from Brayder. Anyone have
    any ideas?

    --Max.

  2. Re: Writing to the Tungsten T3 ROM

    > The thing about my old, old T3 is that it doesn't take much effort to
    > drain the battery completely. Anyone have any ideas?
    > --Max.

    Max
    Three suggestions from a fellow T3 owner.
    1. Backup your data to an SD card. There are a few programs which will do
    this. My favourite is cardbackup http://www.jkware.com/CardBackup.php but
    there are others which work just as well.
    2. Get a new battery and install it. I own two t3s and have had to replace
    the batteries on both of them. It takes about 20 minutes and it is not
    hideously difficult. If you need detailed instructions on how to do it, just
    ask on the newsgroup.
    3. Buy lots of different chargers. The T3 is great, but battery life is not
    a strong point. I carry a small mains charger, an in-car charger and a
    battery extender (bought off ebay) using rechargeable AA batteries.
    Mick

  3. Re: Writing to the Tungsten T3 ROM

    In article , xxx@xxx.com
    says...

    > 2. Get a new battery and install it. I own two t3s and have had to replace
    > the batteries on both of them. It takes about 20 minutes and it is not
    > hideously difficult. If you need detailed instructions on how to do it, just
    > ask on the newsgroup.

    I'd like to know - I recently upgraded to a TX, but I kept the old T3
    and could still find plenty of uses for it if the battery didn't drain
    so quickly.
    --
    Kay Shapero
    http://www.kayshapero.net