Bluetooth file copy question - Palmtop

  2. Re: Bluetooth file copy question

    It is alleged that Chuck claimed:

    > I just got a treo 650 yesterday and am not very familiar with PalmOS.
    > I've been using Windows Mobile for over 5 years. My question is about
    > transferring files to the 650 via bluetooth. When the file transfers,
    > the 650 asks if I want to accept it. I say yes and it immediately tries
    > to open the file. I don't want it to do that. I just want it saved but
    > NOT opened until later. How do I do that?

    What kind of file is it, and what app on your Treo handles it? It
    sounds like the handling application is configured to automatically
    launch/open on receiving a file.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    'Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat, though.'

  3. Re: Bluetooth file copy question

    Hi,

    Chuck wrote:

    > I just got a treo 650 yesterday and am not very familiar with PalmOS.
    > I've been using Windows Mobile for over 5 years. My question is about
    > transferring files to the 650 via bluetooth. When the file transfers,
    > the 650 asks if I want to accept it. I say yes and it immediately tries
    > to open the file. I don't want it to do that. I just want it saved but
    > NOT opened until later. How do I do that?
    >
    > TIA

    Use an application to modify the associations. Your file type is
    associated with an application. Yu need to remove this association.

    In my case, I use the excellent RescoExplorer to do this.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

  4. Re: Bluetooth file copy question

    Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > It is alleged that Chuck claimed:
    >
    >> I just got a treo 650 yesterday and am not very familiar with PalmOS.
    >> I've been using Windows Mobile for over 5 years. My question is about
    >> transferring files to the 650 via bluetooth. When the file transfers,
    >> the 650 asks if I want to accept it. I say yes and it immediately tries
    >> to open the file. I don't want it to do that. I just want it saved but
    >> NOT opened until later. How do I do that?

    > What kind of file is it, and what app on your Treo handles it? It
    > sounds like the handling application is configured to automatically
    > launch/open on receiving a file.

    It's different file types. Sometimes Word, sometimes excel, and
    sometimes mp3.

+ Reply to Thread