treo 650 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on treo 650 - Palmtop ; I was thinking of buying the verizon treo 650 and I was just wondering if that would be a good buy. I want all the things it does but I heard from a few people that they crashed, had poor ...

  1. treo 650

    I was thinking of buying the verizon treo 650 and I was just wondering if
    that would be a good buy. I want all the things it does but I heard from a
    few people that they crashed, had poor signal, and wouldn't work right half
    the time.

  2. Re: treo 650

    It is alleged that C.I.M. Robotics claimed:

    > I was thinking of buying the verizon treo 650 and I was just wondering if
    > that would be a good buy. I want all the things it does but I heard from a
    > few people that they crashed, had poor signal, and wouldn't work right half
    > the time.

    I have no signal problems with my GSM 650 on Cingular. I know people
    with CDMA 650s and they, too, have no signal problems. The only signal
    problems I know of are carrier related, not phone related. IOW, if you
    are in an area with bad coverage, you're going to get bad signal
    strength. How that effects your use depends on how bad the signal from
    the carrier is and which wireless technology you use (CDMA quality
    degrades a lot faster as the signal strength drops compared to GSM) and
    is completely independent of what you're holding in your hand.

    As for crashing, that +was+ a problem. It's been (mostly) fixed with
    the current firmware. Yeah, there are still situations where it can
    crash, but if you pay attention to what you're using and installing,
    it's very easy to have a stable Treo.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "Ordinary people need extraordinary examples. So they can say to
    themselves, well, if he can do +that+, I can surely do +this+. No
    excuses." (Speaker Karal [Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Mountains of
    Mourning"])

+ Reply to Thread