Treo 650 card reader - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 650 card reader - Palmtop ; I have a digital camera with an SD card, is there a Palm application that will allow me to 'read' what is on any SD card I insert (like from my digital camera) and copy the pictures from my SD ...

  1. Treo 650 card reader

    I have a digital camera with an SD card, is there a Palm application that
    will allow me to 'read' what is on any SD card I insert (like from my
    digital camera) and copy the pictures from my SD card to my phone? When I
    put my camera SD card into my Treo650, it does not register there is an
    inserted 'Card'.
    So I guess I'm asking if there is an application that turns my treo into a
    'card reader'???
    thanks
    Arlene

  2. Re: Treo 650 card reader

    Try Softick Card Export (www.softick.com) or filepc2pda (www.ghisler.com) or
    filez (www.nosleep.net) or RescoExplorer (www.resco.net).

    I've had problems swapping SD cards in my Treo 600, sometimes it likes you
    to do a software reset to get it working.
    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Bill Marcum" wrote in message
    newskgpu3-v4b.ln1@don.localnet...
    > On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:37:25 -0600, A Call
    > wrote:
    >> I have a digital camera with an SD card, is there a Palm application that
    >> will allow me to 'read' what is on any SD card I insert (like from my
    >> digital camera) and copy the pictures from my SD card to my phone? When
    >> put my camera SD card into my Treo650, it does not register there is an
    >> inserted 'Card'.
    >> So I guess I'm asking if there is an application that turns my treo into
    >> 'card reader'???
    >> thanks
    >> Arlene
    >>

    > Have you used other SD cards with your Treo? It should recognize when a
    > card is inserted. What is the capacity (MB/GB) of the card? The
    > freeware app 'Filez' should see any file on a card, but it won't help if
    > the pictures are in an unknown format (most cameras write .jpg files,
    > but some cheap cameras use .raw).
    >

    > --
    > Special engagement; no discounts, passes or coupons accepted.

  3. Re: Treo 650 card reader

    : wrote:
    : > I have a digital camera with an SD card, is there a Palm application that
    : > will allow me to 'read' what is on any SD card I insert (like from my
    : > digital camera) and copy the pictures from my SD card to my phone? When I
    : > put my camera SD card into my Treo650, it does not register there is an
    : > inserted 'Card'.
    : > So I guess I'm asking if there is an application that turns my treo into a
    : > 'card reader'???
    : > thanks
    : > Arlene
    : >
    : Have you used other SD cards with your Treo? It should recognize when a
    : card is inserted.

    yes indeed. if it sees a card (does make any sound?) but can't read, it
    could be the file-structure.

    What is the capacity (MB/GB) of the card? The
    : freeware app 'Filez' should see any file on a card, but it won't help if
    : the pictures are in an unknown format (most cameras write .jpg files,
    : but some cheap cameras use .raw).

    ahem. it is vice versa. expensive cameras use raw format (.nef, etc) and
    they can do jpeg too.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_image_format

    ugdc

    -----------------

    d u r d u r a n @
    m a i l . s a s . u p e n n . e d u

    -----------------
    --- www.stwing.upenn.edu/~durduran/
    --- www.peace-cyprus.org
    --- www.hamamboculeri.org
    --- www.cyprusaction.org

  4. Re: Treo 650 card reader

    It is alleged that "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" claimed:

    > Try Softick Card Export (www.softick.com) or filepc2pda (www.ghisler.com) or
    > filez (www.nosleep.net) or RescoExplorer (www.resco.net).

    Neither Filez nor RExplorer will turn the Treo into a card reader. They
    will let you see the contents of the card, sure, because they're file
    managers, but they won't connect it to the desktop.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "The sky was full of stars and every star an exploding ship...one of
    ours." (Cmdr. Sinclair, B5 "The Gathering")

+ Reply to Thread