LifeDrive - 'won't turn on' error? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on LifeDrive - 'won't turn on' error? - Palmtop ; Is there any pattern behind the periodic refusal of a LifeDrive to turn on? So far I've experienced four different LifeDrives, and so far three of them have had this problem; the latest was replaced by Palm with a new ...

  1. LifeDrive - 'won't turn on' error?

    Is there any pattern behind the periodic refusal of a LifeDrive to turn on?

    So far I've experienced four different LifeDrives, and so far three of them
    have had this problem; the latest was replaced by Palm with a new model
    only this morning...

    The symptoms are the LD suddenly turning itself off. Battery condition is
    irrelvant - it's happened when fully charged, as well as after some time
    being used. The LD then won't turn on, and, although a reset will at first
    bring it back, the frequency of auto turning off increases rapidly, and
    very soon even a reset won't bring it back.

    I don't have any arcane applications, I don't use more than the usual apps;
    I take great care of the damn thing - and this happens!

    After explaining how to reset it, Palm tech support eventually accept it
    for repair; but while their 'phone people are excellent, the actual repair
    people suck - virtually every time a 'repaired' LD has come back, it's
    failed with exactly the same fault within a few minutes.

    Given my love for the damn thing and my reliance on my LD, I actually
    bought a spare to use as a backup (fortunately: over the past 10 days of
    repair-repair-replace that backup LD proved a lifesaver!)

    Are my experiences unique, or has anyone else experienced anything similar?

    - duncan

  2. Re: LifeDrive - 'won't turn on' error?

    i am on my 3rd lifedrive. the last two went exactly as you described. I
    was on a trip, everything working fine, and suddenly it would not turn
    of....it would not reset. i let the battery run down, put it in the cradle,
    and as soon as power was on, it was stuck and would not turn off or do
    anything.

    i turned it in for a repaire unit...

    in a few months, it happened again, refusing to turn off while in ran down.

    i use my 4th replacement but it is palms fault. there is a basic failing in
    the machine

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:32:50 +0100, Duncan Langford wrote:

    > Is there any pattern behind the periodic refusal of a LifeDrive to turn on?
    >
    > So far I've experienced four different LifeDrives, and so far three of them
    > have had this problem; the latest was replaced by Palm with a new model
    > only this morning...
    >
    > The symptoms are the LD suddenly turning itself off. Battery condition is
    > irrelvant - it's happened when fully charged, as well as after some time
    > being used. The LD then won't turn on, and, although a reset will at first
    > bring it back, the frequency of auto turning off increases rapidly, and
    > very soon even a reset won't bring it back.
    >
    > I don't have any arcane applications, I don't use more than the usual apps;
    > I take great care of the damn thing - and this happens!
    >
    > After explaining how to reset it, Palm tech support eventually accept it
    > for repair; but while their 'phone people are excellent, the actual repair
    > people suck - virtually every time a 'repaired' LD has come back, it's
    > failed with exactly the same fault within a few minutes.
    >
    > Given my love for the damn thing and my reliance on my LD, I actually
    > bought a spare to use as a backup (fortunately: over the past 10 days of
    > repair-repair-replace that backup LD proved a lifesaver!)
    >
    > Are my experiences unique, or has anyone else experienced anything similar?
    >
    > - duncan

+ Reply to Thread