Can't hard reset Palm TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Can't hard reset Palm TX - Palmtop ; I need to hard reset my Palm TX, but I can't make it happen. I hold the power button, press reset button and wait for the screen telling me to press UP on the D-pad. It simply does a soft ...

  1. Can't hard reset Palm TX

    I need to hard reset my Palm TX, but I can't make it happen. I hold the
    power button, press reset button and wait for the screen telling me to
    press UP on the D-pad. It simply does a soft reset every time. What's up?

    I need to hard reset because the TX hangs when I try to check email or
    access the web. I connect through wifi, but when the VersaMail trys to
    check for mail, it hangs when checking for messages, and I have to do a
    soft reset. Same for Blazer. I get the wifi connection, but then it hangs.

    HELP!

    Stan

  2. Re: Can't hard reset Palm TX

    OK. I read the instructions more carefully and learned that I need to
    hold the power button until the gray Palm screen appears, then release
    the power button. My error.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Stan

    Thomas Reinel wrote:
    > Am Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:01:17 GMT schrieb Stan:
    >
    >> I need to hard reset my Palm TX, but I can't make it happen. I hold the
    >> power button, press reset button and wait for the screen telling me to
    >> press UP on the D-pad. It simply does a soft reset every time. What's up?
    >>
    >> I need to hard reset because the TX hangs when I try to check email or
    >> access the web. I connect through wifi, but when the VersaMail trys to
    >> check for mail, it hangs when checking for messages, and I have to do a
    >> soft reset. Same for Blazer. I get the wifi connection, but then it hangs.
    >>
    >> HELP!
    >>
    >> Stan

    > what is up with warm reset? is warm reset working?
    >
    > (holding UP-key up to palm-logo)
    >
    > thomas

+ Reply to Thread