Transfer data between SD cards - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Transfer data between SD cards - Palmtop ; Is there any pain-free way to transfer data to a new SD card if one has no access to a card reader. I use a Treo 650 and am just about to switch to a Sandisk card with built in ...

  1. Transfer data between SD cards

    Is there any pain-free way to transfer data to a new SD card if one has
    no access to a card reader. I use a Treo 650 and am just about to
    switch to a Sandisk card with built in USB connector - that's one part
    of the transfer taken care of.

    Is there any easy (and free) way to get the date off the card? On my T5
    I could set the device up as a USB drive but this isn't an option
    without add-ons. I can only send single files by Bluetooth using
    FileMan.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  2. Re: Transfer data between SD cards

    It is alleged that Steve Hodgson claimed:

    > Is there any pain-free way to transfer data to a new SD card if one has
    > no access to a card reader. I use a Treo 650 and am just about to
    > switch to a Sandisk card with built in USB connector - that's one part
    > of the transfer taken care of.
    >
    > Is there any easy (and free) way to get the date off the card? On my T5
    > I could set the device up as a USB drive but this isn't an option
    > without add-ons. I can only send single files by Bluetooth using
    > FileMan.

    A USB card reader is what... $20? The "CardReader" software for Palm
    is about $15.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "How will this end?" "...In fire..." (Emperor Turhan and Amb. Kosh,
    B5 "The Coming of Shadows")

  3. Re: Transfer data between SD cards

    On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:22:50 +0100, Steve Hodgson
    wrote:

    >Is there any pain-free way to transfer data to a new SD card if one has
    >no access to a card reader. I use a Treo 650 and am just about to
    >switch to a Sandisk card with built in USB connector - that's one part
    >of the transfer taken care of.
    >
    >Is there any easy (and free) way to get the date off the card? On my T5
    >I could set the device up as a USB drive but this isn't an option
    >without add-ons. I can only send single files by Bluetooth using
    >FileMan.

    I'd suggest looking at the Palm File Browser (PZB.zip)
    which lets you have a tree view of the SD card on the Palm, and to
    select and copy files to and from the PC.

    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-220.html
    or
    http://pdassi.de/product.php?prod_id=13639&xsearch=pfb

  4. Re: Transfer data between SD cards

    R E wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:22:50 +0100, Steve Hodgson
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any pain-free way to transfer data to a new SD card if one
    >> has no access to a card reader. I use a Treo 650 and am just about to
    >> switch to a Sandisk card with built in USB connector - that's one
    >> part of the transfer taken care of.
    >>
    >> Is there any easy (and free) way to get the date off the card? On my
    >> T5 I could set the device up as a USB drive but this isn't an option
    >> without add-ons. I can only send single files by Bluetooth using
    >> FileMan.

    There's a non-free product called CardExport. Details at
    http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/. It lets you use the Palm as a USB card
    reader showing the Palm as just another drive on your Windows PC. The web
    site offers a free evaluation copy. Don't know what limitations might be
    imposed on that.

    --
    Harold Fuchs
    London, England