Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail - Palmtop ; Hi there, thanks for clicking :-) I own a Tungsten T3, when I started using it I would sync with MS Outlook. However, after a while I switched to Thunderbird for e-mail. There isn't a conduit to sync mail with ...

  1. Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    Hi there, thanks for clicking :-)

    I own a Tungsten T3, when I started using it I would sync with MS
    Outlook. However, after a while I switched to Thunderbird for e-mail.
    There isn't a conduit to sync mail with Thunderbird (although I can
    sync the address book), so I set up Versamail to retrieve mail directly
    from my POP server. This worked fine.

    However, some time ago, to speed up hotsync's I set the Versamail
    conduit to "Do Nothing".

    Recently, I've wanted to start getting a copy of my email on my Palm
    once more, so I set the Versamail conduit to synchronize. However,
    nothing happens, I don't get any new mail onto my TT3.

    This is what I have done so far to diagnose/fix:

    Checked and rechecked all account settings. - No help.
    Tested the settings - No help
    Rechecked settings. - No help
    Deleted and recreated accounts on both desktop and handheld - No help.
    Set up Versamail to check my GMail account instead of my pop-mail
    account - Still didn't get any mail.

    I am at a loss at what to try next to work out what's wrong or how to
    fix it.

    I'd appreciate any advice.

    Thanks for reading.

  2. Re: Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    David.R.Gilson wrote:
    >once more, so I set the Versamail conduit to synchronize. However,
    >nothing happens, I don't get any new

    Is the desktop set to sync and set so that sync is the default?
    Personally I think direct pop is the only way to go. Sync is just way too slow.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  3. Re: Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    Hi,
    Yes, Sync is set to default option.
    I get the Versamail progress bars during Hotsync, but no mail is there
    to see on my TT3.

    David

    Gil Baron wrote:
    > David.R.Gilson wrote:
    > >once more, so I set the Versamail conduit to synchronize. However,
    > >nothing happens, I don't get any new

    > Is the desktop set to sync and set so that sync is the default?
    > Personally I think direct pop is the only way to go. Sync is just way too slow.
    > --
    > Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    > Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  4. Re: Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    David.R.Gilson wrote:
    > Hi there, thanks for clicking :-)
    >
    > I own a Tungsten T3, when I started using it I would sync with MS
    > Outlook. However, after a while I switched to Thunderbird for e-mail.
    > There isn't a conduit to sync mail with Thunderbird (although I can
    > sync the address book), so I set up Versamail to retrieve mail directly
    > from my POP server. This worked fine.

    There is a Palm conduit for Thunderbird. It just takes a bit of patience
    to get working.

    http://www.thecapras.org/mcapra/ThunderbirdSync.html

  5. Re: Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am already using the PalmSync.xpi extension to sync the Thunderbird
    address book. Although this has never given me the ability to sync my
    mail (I.e. in my Hotsync conduit list, I have the Mozilla Thunderbird
    Address Book conduit, but no such conduit for e-mail.).

    If there's some extra trick to it, could you tell let me know, please ?

    Thanks,
    David

    Dekaritae wrote:
    > David.R.Gilson wrote:
    > > Hi there, thanks for clicking :-)
    > >
    > > I own a Tungsten T3, when I started using it I would sync with MS
    > > Outlook. However, after a while I switched to Thunderbird for e-mail.
    > > There isn't a conduit to sync mail with Thunderbird (although I can
    > > sync the address book), so I set up Versamail to retrieve mail directly
    > > from my POP server. This worked fine.

    > There is a Palm conduit for Thunderbird. It just takes a bit of patience
    > to get working.
    >
    > http://www.thecapras.org/mcapra/ThunderbirdSync.html

  6. Re: Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    Hello again,
    I read the thread linked on the page you linked, "Mail Sync for Palm
    working!".
    Nothing in that thread that really helped me, but it did get me
    thinking.

    I have my Thunderbird set up so that I have seperate mailboxes for each
    of my POP accounts, i.e. I don't use the default inbox.

    SO, I just tried copying some mail into my default inbox and Hotsync'd
    again.

    My mail synchronised with my palm!

    So, you were indeed correct. So there's the caveat with this Conduit,
    you need to have mail in your default inbox (I'll have to go figure out
    some filters to keep a few emails in there).

    So, on reflection, perhaps I should assume it is actually the PalmSync
    conduit that has nuked my POP synchronisation. That's an unfortunate
    side effect, but hey, I have synchronisation with Thunderbird, not bad
    for freeware! :-)

    Thanks again,
    Best wishes,
    David

    Dekaritae wrote:
    > David.R.Gilson wrote:
    > > Hi there, thanks for clicking :-)
    > >
    > > I own a Tungsten T3, when I started using it I would sync with MS
    > > Outlook. However, after a while I switched to Thunderbird for e-mail.
    > > There isn't a conduit to sync mail with Thunderbird (although I can
    > > sync the address book), so I set up Versamail to retrieve mail directly
    > > from my POP server. This worked fine.

    > There is a Palm conduit for Thunderbird. It just takes a bit of patience
    > to get working.
    >
    > http://www.thecapras.org/mcapra/ThunderbirdSync.html

  7. Re: Versamail won't retrieve POP Mail

    > I get the Versamail progress bars during Hotsync, but no mail is there to
    > see on my TT3

    I think you'll find there's probably only about 3 people in the world who
    have ever got Versamail to sync with anything, the rest of us just silently
    sit back and take this crap from Palm. Downloaded Versamil 3.5 the other
    day thinking the bugs would have been fixed but still nothing. I've got to
    the stage where I'm looking forward to mine going wrong so I can try an ipaq
    instead. Bet they work.

+ Reply to Thread