Tungsten E2 Bluetooth-aches (Internet etc.) - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tungsten E2 Bluetooth-aches (Internet etc.) - Palmtop ; I recently upgraded to an E2 from an M105. Great! BUT Have tried for days to connect via Bluetooth to browse the web and hotsync, no luck... Have followed almost ALL the guides out there (Geekzone, Palmzone etc.) but still ...

  1. Tungsten E2 Bluetooth-aches (Internet etc.)

    I recently upgraded to an E2 from an M105. Great!

    BUT

    Have tried for days to connect via Bluetooth to browse the web and
    hotsync, no luck...

    Have followed almost ALL the guides out there (Geekzone, Palmzone etc.)
    but still cant get it to work.

    I've sucessfully "Paired" the machines (Toshiba Tecra M4 with built-in
    BT) and can transfer files from PC-Palm no problem. (Palm has the
    Toshiba in it's "Trusted Devices" list.)

    Hotsync and Internet don't want to play ball.

    Any help from those with experience? Thank you in advance for any
    help...

  2. Re: Tungsten E2 Bluetooth-aches (Internet etc.)

    Seems like a no-brainer, but do you have your PC connection selected in
    your HotSync application on the Palm? I have an E2 and I have been able
    to get it synched via BT, but have stalled on the internet connection.
    Everything seems to point to changing the PCs IP to 192.168.0.1, but I
    don't want a house-full of people mad at me when I kill off their
    interent conections. The router is already set to 192.168.0.1.

    Bill

    Englishman in Adana (Turkey) wrote:
    > I recently upgraded to an E2 from an M105. Great!
    >
    > BUT
    >
    > Have tried for days to connect via Bluetooth to browse the web and
    > hotsync, no luck...
    >
    > Have followed almost ALL the guides out there (Geekzone, Palmzone etc.)
    > but still cant get it to work.
    >
    > I've sucessfully "Paired" the machines (Toshiba Tecra M4 with built-in
    > BT) and can transfer files from PC-Palm no problem. (Palm has the
    > Toshiba in it's "Trusted Devices" list.)
    >
    > Hotsync and Internet don't want to play ball.
    >
    > Any help from those with experience? Thank you in advance for any
    > help...

+ Reply to Thread