hotsync username vanished - Palmtop

This is a discussion on hotsync username vanished - Palmtop ; Where is the hotsync username kept? I thought it was in Saved Preferences, but it seems to have moved.. A week or so ago I got an error while hotsyncing that the saved_preferences was corrupt. After that, I had no ...

  1. hotsync username vanished

    Where is the hotsync username kept? I thought it was in Saved
    Preferences, but it seems to have moved..

    A week or so ago I got an error while hotsyncing that the
    saved_preferences was corrupt. After that, I had no hotsync username
    any longer. I'm running a lifepad with the 2.n upgrade.

    I've been trying ever since to put it back. I deleted the
    saved_preferences file out of my backup did, wiped the palm, and let it
    restore. It restored without a hotsync user, even though I did select
    the user I've been syncing to all along. I tried a couple of times,
    also deleting the connection50.pdb file, because of an out of date note
    on the palm os knowledgebase about a similar issue, and deleting the
    old connection mgr db, which was called something else.

    So, today, desperate, and inventive, I moved my entire userdir to another
    location, and let the desktop create me a new, empty, one. I wiped the
    palm, and did an initial hotsync. It acquired my username just fine.
    I took *that* saved_preferences file, put it into the old backup dir,
    put the directories back where they belonged, wiped again, and synced,
    figuring I'd have a hotsync name now, and no preference settings.

    Nope. After it finished, I had no username again.

    How in (#$* can I get the damn username back? I've run out of ideas.

  2. Re: hotsync username vanished

    Ron Jarrell wrote:
    >Where is the hotsync username kept? I thought it was in Saved
    >Preferences, but it seems to have moved..

    I think it may be encrypted but cannot help. From now on a backup buddy backup and another to a card with bbvfs would save you.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

+ Reply to Thread