Palm Blackberry Client - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Blackberry Client - Palmtop ; Palm and Blackberry jointly announced last fall that there was going to be a Blackberry mail client for the Palm OS releasing this past January. Do to the legal dispute Blackberry was having I assumed this was the delay. Anyone ...

  1. Palm Blackberry Client

    Palm and Blackberry jointly announced last fall that there was going to
    be a Blackberry mail client for the Palm OS releasing this past January.
    Do to the legal dispute Blackberry was having I assumed this was the
    delay. Anyone heard anything about if it's still coming and when?

  2. Re: Palm Blackberry Client

    Carl Price wrote:
    > Palm and Blackberry jointly announced last fall that there was going to
    > be a Blackberry mail client for the Palm OS releasing this past January.
    > Do to the legal dispute Blackberry was having I assumed this was the
    > delay. Anyone heard anything about if it's still coming and when?

    It appeared on the Palm website last week or so, for the 650 only.

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres

  3. Re: Palm Blackberry Client

    In article ,
    "John W. Kennedy" wrote:

    > Carl Price wrote:
    > > Palm and Blackberry jointly announced last fall that there was going to
    > > be a Blackberry mail client for the Palm OS releasing this past January.
    > > Do to the legal dispute Blackberry was having I assumed this was the
    > > delay. Anyone heard anything about if it's still coming and when?

    > It appeared on the Palm website last week or so, for the 650 only.

    Jeez, the burried it far enough down inside their website. Too bad I
    won't be able to use it. They require Cingular as the service provider.
    I'm on Tmobile and Verizon.

  4. Re: Palm Blackberry Client

    Carl Price wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "John W. Kennedy" wrote:
    >
    >> Carl Price wrote:
    >>> Palm and Blackberry jointly announced last fall that there was going to
    >>> be a Blackberry mail client for the Palm OS releasing this past January.
    >>> Do to the legal dispute Blackberry was having I assumed this was the
    >>> delay. Anyone heard anything about if it's still coming and when?

    >> It appeared on the Palm website last week or so, for the 650 only.

    > Jeez, the burried it far enough down inside their website.

    It was front-page, but the 700wx and 700v came along later and bumped it
    down.

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres

  5. Re: Palm Blackberry Client

    In article ,
    Carl Price wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "John W. Kennedy" wrote:
    >
    > > Carl Price wrote:
    > > > Palm and Blackberry jointly announced last fall that there was going to
    > > > be a Blackberry mail client for the Palm OS releasing this past January.
    > > > Do to the legal dispute Blackberry was having I assumed this was the
    > > > delay. Anyone heard anything about if it's still coming and when?

    > > It appeared on the Palm website last week or so, for the 650 only.

    > Jeez, the burried it far enough down inside their website. Too bad I
    > won't be able to use it. They require Cingular as the service provider.
    > I'm on Tmobile and Verizon.

    Is Palm requiring Cingular, or is Cingular the only carrier offering
    Blackberry service?

    If T-Mobile or Verizon had a Blackberry server, either should be able to
    push email to a Blackberry client on a Palm or other company's device ...

    Notice I said "should." I don't know enough about the carrier
    relationships and RIM software.

    If the announcement is old, perhaps the other carriers offer RIM push
    email today?

+ Reply to Thread