Creating Palm ebooks using Mac - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Creating Palm ebooks using Mac - Palmtop ; Does anyone know what Palm ebook formats can be created using OS X? I am only interested in formats that will support images and currently use iSilo. I was surprised that MobiPocker is Windows-only for content creation are there any ...

  1. Creating Palm ebooks using Mac

    Does anyone know what Palm ebook formats can be created using OS X?

    I am only interested in formats that will support images and currently
    use iSilo. I was surprised that MobiPocker is Windows-only for content
    creation are there any other applications?

    Since posting this elsewhere I've been pointed to Plucker and am giving
    that a try with some success.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  2. Re: Creating Palm ebooks using Mac

    In article <4mr3j5F7i29mU1@individual.net>,
    Steve Hodgson wrote:

    > Does anyone know what Palm ebook formats can be created using OS X?
    >
    > I am only interested in formats that will support images and currently
    > use iSilo. I was surprised that MobiPocker is Windows-only for content
    > creation are there any other applications?
    >
    > Since posting this elsewhere I've been pointed to Plucker and am giving
    > that a try with some success.

    You can use the old but free DropBook if you're willing to learn PML
    (Palm Markup Language, which is very similar to HTML) or the new but
    commercial eBook Studio if you don't. Both create books for eReader.
    You can include images in .png format.

    http://www.ereader.com/dropbook/download
    http://www.ereader.com/products/ebookstudio

    There is a very simple graphic on the title page of my e-books (see
    link in my sig or go directly to http://www.triviawhys.com/excerpts).

    Robert Jen, the Trivia Why's Guy (whysguy@triviawhys.com)
    http://www.triviawhys.com -- Trivia that always tells you more!

  3. Re: Creating Palm ebooks using Mac

    On 2006-09-13 14:13:43 -0500, Steve Hodgson said:

    > Does anyone know what Palm ebook formats can be created using OS X?
    >
    > I am only interested in formats that will support images and currently
    > use iSilo. I was surprised that MobiPocker is Windows-only for content
    > creation are there any other applications?
    >
    > Since posting this elsewhere I've been pointed to Plucker and am giving
    > that a try with some success.

    Palm ebook studio for mac works pretty well. Supports images, and can
    do some really great formatting if you're willing to spend some time at
    it. And it's cheap.
    --
    I only talk like that in the movies

+ Reply to Thread