browser in palm os 5 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on browser in palm os 5 - Palmtop ; i have a palm t/xc with latest palm operating sys. i have not had a chance to connect to the internet yet, but does the blazer browser have sound capabiltys so i can listen to music on websites and play ...

  1. browser in palm os 5

    i have a palm t/xc with latest palm operating sys. i have not had a
    chance to connect to the internet yet, but does the blazer browser have
    sound capabiltys so i can listen to music on websites and play games
    etc? cause in ms ie for desktop u gotta have shockwaveand all sorts of
    plugins to get sound. how does it work in the palm?

    also is there anyway i can get the os to do multitasking ie windows ce?
    thanks

  2. Re: browser in palm os 5

    On 10 Sep 2006, elfkar2001@yahoo.com wrote:
    > i have a palm t/xc with latest palm operating sys. i have not had a
    > chance to connect to the internet yet, but does the blazer browser have
    > sound capabiltys so i can listen to music on websites and play games
    > etc? cause in ms ie for desktop u gotta have shockwaveand all sorts of
    > plugins to get sound. how does it work in the palm?

    I have not noticed if it plays sounds on websites, but there is an upgrade
    for TX Pocket-Tunes (Deluxe) to play internet radio. The sound system for
    my bedroom is basically my TX and Klipsh Promedia 2.1 (PC speakers with
    subwoofer) for mp3's or wireless internet radio. Since the TX can charge
    on the USB cable, I leave the power brick in my bedroom.

    If you don't like the links to condensed sites from the default home page
    you can usually go to full sites. Blazer browser does its best to render
    them eventually, although, things beyond its capabilities may not show up.

    > also is there anyway i can get the os to do multitasking ie windows ce?
    > thanks

    The only multitasking it does is playing audio while doing something else
    (like internet radio while web surfing). I don't retrieve mail on it, so
    I don't know if automating that would interrupt you.

    While with a keyboard you could almost use it as a laptop substitute, it
    does have its limitations. I primarily use it for music, camera images,
    checking morning news and stocks, and technical pdf files for work (using
    3rd party PalmPDF). I have 2g SD, but 4G is available now.

+ Reply to Thread