Internet Radio Test - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Internet Radio Test - Palmtop ; I need to test an internet radio site before I decide to buy a Handheld. Can someone here with a Palm TX let me know if the internet radio on this page works: http://cjob.com/station/audiovault_preview.aspx Go down to the audio vault ...

  1. Internet Radio Test

    I need to test an internet radio site before I decide to buy a
    Handheld. Can someone here with a Palm TX let me know if the internet
    radio on this page works:

    http://cjob.com/station/audiovault_preview.aspx

    Go down to the audio vault and click the "Go" button and it should
    start playing. Also testing the "Listen Live Now" at the top right
    would be great. These 2 work differently so please test both if
    possible.

    Thank you very much.
    Hibes

  2. Re: Internet Radio Test

    In article <1157847562.245387.99920@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.c om>,
    Hibes wrote:
    > I need to test an internet radio site before I decide to buy a Handheld.
    > Can someone here with a Palm TX let me know if the internet radio on this
    > page works:

    > http://cjob.com/station/audiovault_preview.aspx

    > Go down to the audio vault and click the "Go" button and it should start
    > playing. Also testing the "Listen Live Now" at the top right would be
    > great. These 2 work differently so please test both if possible.

    You won't be able to use a Palm TX to listen to this site as it uses WMP.
    Pocket Tunes only works with Ogg and mp3.

    |\ /| ark Fraser /mfraz2002@hotmail.com
    | \/ | Somerset /www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk
    | |__________/Acorn SA RISC PC You know what the sig means!

  3. Re: Internet Radio Test

    Mark Fraser (News) wrote:
    >You won't be able to use a Palm TX to listen to this site as it uses WMP.
    >Pocket Tunes only works with Ogg and mp3.

    That is true. I cannot play on my TX. Too bad as I would like to play a lot that I cannot.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  4. Re: Internet Radio Test

    > >You won't be able to use a Palm TX to listen to this site as it uses WMP.
    > >Pocket Tunes only works with Ogg and mp3.

    > That is true. I cannot play on my TX. Too bad as I would like to play a lot that I cannot.

    Thanks very much for testing this guys. I appreciate it a lot.

    Does anyone have any idea what handheld would be able to play WMP
    streams?

    Hibes

  5. Re: Internet Radio Test

    It would have to be windows based but I do not know if even they do it?WMA-10 may be too much for a PDA?
    I doubt you would switch, just, for that. A cheap Laptop PC would be a better choice and MIGHT be cheaper too.

    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  6. Re: Internet Radio Test

    In article <4e640fb02emfraser@ukgateway.net>,
    Mark Fraser (News) wrote:
    > In article <1157847562.245387.99920@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.c om>,
    > Hibes wrote:
    > > I need to test an internet radio site before I decide to buy a
    > > Handheld. Can someone here with a Palm TX let me know if the internet
    > > radio on this page works:

    > > http://cjob.com/station/audiovault_preview.aspx

    > > Go down to the audio vault and click the "Go" button and it should
    > > start playing. Also testing the "Listen Live Now" at the top right
    > > would be great. These 2 work differently so please test both if
    > > possible.

    > You won't be able to use a Palm TX to listen to this site as it uses WMP.
    > Pocket Tunes only works with Ogg and mp3.

    Apologies for replying to my own post, but I was wrong. You can listen to
    the above internet station on a Palm TX - I've just done it on a Palm
    Lifedrive.

    All you need is Pocket Tunes deluxe and put one of the following URLs into
    the internet audio part of the program (Click on the 'musical note' button,
    select internet audio from the menu, click 'new' and type in one of the
    URLs)

    http://64.34.147.126:3690/CJOBAM
    http://64.34.147.126:80/CJOBAM

    |\ /| ark Fraser /mfraz2002@hotmail.com
    | \/ | Somerset /www.mfraz.freeserve.co.uk
    | |__________/Acorn SA RISC PC You know what the sig means!

  7. Re: Internet Radio Test

    Mark Fraser (News) wrote:
    > All you need is Pocket Tunes deluxe and put one of the following URLs into
    > the internet audio part of the program (Click on the 'musical note' button,
    > select internet audio from the menu, click 'new' and type in one of the
    > URLs)
    >
    > http://64.34.147.126:3690/CJOBAM
    > http://64.34.147.126:80/CJOBAM

    Thank you very much Mark. That's good news. I'm guessing though that
    only the live feed works with this method, and not the "audio vault."
    I'm actually more interested in the vault, and the guys at the pocketpc
    newsgroup say they can get both the live and vault feeds working on
    their IPaqs. So I may opt for that.

    It's my first handheld that I'm looking to buy, so I'm don't have any
    brand loyalty to Palm particularly. :-) I also want to use it as an
    MP3 player so a Laptop is not what I'm after.

    Thanks guys.
    HIbes

  8. Re: Internet Radio Test

    Hibes wrote:
    >brand loyalty to Palm particularly. :-) I also want to use it as an
    >MP3 player so a Laptop is not what I'm after.

    Good ideas except as MP3. You will find that using a PDA as an MP3 player veryunsatisfying. An IPOD is still the only way to go for that. Until you try it you will not know how good it is.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  9. Re: Internet Radio Test

    On 9 Sep 2006 17:19:22 -0700, "Hibes" wrote:

    >I need to test an internet radio site before I decide to buy a
    >Handheld. Can someone here with a Palm TX let me know if the internet
    >radio on this page works:

    .. . .

    >Hibes

    Aside from Hibes' test, is there anyway to play RealAudio streams?
    I would like to listen to BBC Radio 2 "Listen to the Band". (I like
    British brass bands.)

    --
    The Moving Target: mobile information technology
    http://www.pathcom.com/~jimomura/