Palm4 and OSX 10.4-Can't load HotSync - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm4 and OSX 10.4-Can't load HotSync - Palmtop ; I use a Handspring Visor Prism. Palm 4 OS. So far I've had Palm desktop on Mac OSX 10.2.9 and all has been well. I just went to OSX 10.4.7 and the HotSync portion of the Palm install won't load. ...

  1. Palm4 and OSX 10.4-Can't load HotSync

    I use a Handspring Visor Prism. Palm 4 OS. So far
    I've had Palm desktop on Mac OSX 10.2.9 and all has
    been well.

    I just went to OSX 10.4.7 and the HotSync portion of
    the Palm install won't load. Desktop loads fine.

    I have 3 macs. Same thing on each. What can be done
    (besides keeping everything on my old iMac)?

    Thanks,

    Patric
    Anchorage, Ak

  2. Re: Palm4 and OSX 10.4-Can't load HotSync

    In article <4502e271@news.acsalaska.net>,
    Patric Doyle <"patricNO SPAM"@gci.net> wrote:

    > I use a Handspring Visor Prism. Palm 4 OS. So far
    > I've had Palm desktop on Mac OSX 10.2.9 and all has
    > been well.
    >
    > I just went to OSX 10.4.7 and the HotSync portion of
    > the Palm install won't load. Desktop loads fine.
    >
    > I have 3 macs. Same thing on each. What can be done
    > (besides keeping everything on my old iMac)?

    Try removing the Palm Desktop from your Mac, then download and install
    the latest version from Palm's web site OR try Missing Sync from
    http://www.markspace.com which is much better.

  3. Re: Palm4 and OSX 10.4-Can't load HotSync

    In article <4502e271@news.acsalaska.net>,
    Patric Doyle <"patricNO SPAM"@gci.net> wrote:

    > I use a Handspring Visor Prism. Palm 4 OS. So far
    > I've had Palm desktop on Mac OSX 10.2.9 and all has
    > been well.
    >
    > I just went to OSX 10.4.7 and the HotSync portion of
    > the Palm install won't load. Desktop loads fine.
    >
    > I have 3 macs. Same thing on each. What can be done
    > (besides keeping everything on my old iMac)?

    I have found on most if not all machines I've installed it on I had to
    do a Permissions Repair prior to installing Palm Desktop. To be on the
    safe side I'd reboot first to make sure. If as in this case you've
    already attempted to install it make sure you delete everything that the
    Palm Installer did install. Check the installer log for a list of files.

    --
    Clark Martin