Can't delete Palm from my Mac (v.10.4.7) - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Can't delete Palm from my Mac (v.10.4.7) - Palmtop ; I tried to delete the whole Palm folder from my laptop as I no longer use my Palm on my Mac computer. However, there are a few files "stuck" in my trash can that I can't get the computer to ...

  1. Can't delete Palm from my Mac (v.10.4.7)

    I tried to delete the whole Palm folder from my laptop as I no longer
    use my Palm on my Mac computer. However, there are a few files "stuck"
    in my trash can that I can't get the computer to erase... Every time I
    try to empty my trash, it says Localized.rsrc is in use... which it
    isn'.

    The files "stuck" in the trash can are:
    Localized.rsrc (a Unix Executable file)
    A folder called Palm 17-31-20 (which I have no idea what is it...)
    that holds:
    Palm Dekstop
    Transport Monitor
    Palm Desktop Background

    Has anyone else ever had this happen? Can anyone suggest a way to get
    my trash emptied? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Kristin

  2. Re: Can't delete Palm from my Mac (v.10.4.7)

    In article <1157505907.185413.231890@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups. com>,
    Kristin1085@gmail.com wrote:

    > I tried to delete the whole Palm folder from my laptop as I no longer
    > use my Palm on my Mac computer. However, there are a few files "stuck"
    > in my trash can that I can't get the computer to erase... Every time I
    > try to empty my trash, it says Localized.rsrc is in use... which it
    > isn'.
    >
    > The files "stuck" in the trash can are:
    > Localized.rsrc (a Unix Executable file)
    > A folder called Palm 17-31-20 (which I have no idea what is it...)
    > that holds:
    > Palm Dekstop
    > Transport Monitor
    > Palm Desktop Background
    >
    > Has anyone else ever had this happen? Can anyone suggest a way to get
    > my trash emptied? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kristin

    Before you can delete the Palm folder's contents, you need to stop using
    it. Odds are, your Mac OS X account is set up to start up the Palm
    software each time you log in so go into Preferences->Accounts-> and
    delete the start up items involving the Palm software. Then reboot.

+ Reply to Thread