DVD to Palm - free software - Palmtop

This is a discussion on DVD to Palm - free software - Palmtop ; is there any free software for that purpose?...

  1. DVD to Palm - free software

    is there any free software for that purpose?

  2. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    I assume you mean DVD movies.
    Yes. You would need to convert to Xvid files (free codec). The process is
    complex. You can get a flavour of it on
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/ar...dvdtodivx.html Personally, I find
    Pocket DVD Studio for Palm does the job really well but you pay a
    registration fee (but ignore that recommendation if you are looking for a
    complex and time-consuming solution).
    Mick
    "Ray" wrote in message news:edjig7$kkk$1@news1.carnet.hr...

    > is there any free software for that purpose?

  3. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    A better article is
    http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=70567
    Using auto gordian knot
    Mick
    "Penster" wrote in message
    newsqkLg.7477$8V4.4495@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...

    > I assume you mean DVD movies.
    > Yes. You would need to convert to Xvid files (free codec). The process is
    > complex. You can get a flavour of it on
    > http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/ar...dvdtodivx.html Personally, I
    > find Pocket DVD Studio for Palm does the job really well but you pay a
    > registration fee (but ignore that recommendation if you are looking for a
    > complex and time-consuming solution).
    > Mick
    > "Ray" wrote in message news:edjig7$kkk$1@news1.carnet.hr...
    >>
    >> is there any free software for that purpose?

  4. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    Penster wrote:

    > A better article is
    > http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=70567
    > Using auto gordian knot

    I've tried Auto GK and I must be doing something wrong because the
    resulting AVI is using the descriptive audio soundtrack and subtitles
    are ON. I need neither. How do i disable that?

    Thanks for any help.
    Ben

  5. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    Ben
    Sorry I can't help you. I am not familiar with the complexities of Auto GK.
    Mick
    "Ben Thomas" wrote in message
    > Penster wrote:
    >> A better article is
    >> http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=70567
    >> Using auto gordian knot

    > I've tried Auto GK and I must be doing something wrong because the
    > resulting AVI is using the descriptive audio soundtrack and subtitles are
    > ON. I need neither. How do i disable that?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Ben

  6. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    Try Google for VEMoDe. It's pretty simple to operate. Use TCPMP to
    view the videos. All of these are free.

  7. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    Previously Ray wrote:

    > is there any free software for that purpose?

    I have used the free version of FairUse for this (on windows).

    --
    Remove NO SPAM to reply via email

  8. Re: DVD to Palm - free software

    On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 19:40:26 GMT-6, tannenba@csNO.SPAMwisc.edu (Todd
    Tannenbaum) wrote:

    >Previously Ray wrote:
    >
    >> is there any free software for that purpose?
    >>

    >I have used the free version of FairUse for this (on windows).

    I use a combination of DVD Decryptor (to get the files from the DVD)
    and AutoGK (to convert them into an AVI file of specified size and
    dimensions), and it works fine.
    --
    Mike Koenecke
    http://macros.koenecke.us