Looking for help in configuring Treo650 for IDEA GPRS in India - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Looking for help in configuring Treo650 for IDEA GPRS in India - Palmtop ; Hi, Has anyone successfully configured the Treo650 to for GPRS service of IDEA Cellular in India ? I setup mine with instructions on their site : http://www.ideacellular.com/GPRS-Settings.htm but the moment I start connecting with blazer, i get these messages : ...

  1. Looking for help in configuring Treo650 for IDEA GPRS in India

    :

    http://www.ideacellular.com/GPRS-Settings.htm

    but the moment I start connecting with blazer, i get these messages :

    "Connecting to IDEA", followed by "Singing ON" followed by "Cancelling"

    Any help will be appreciated. I did note that on Palms india site
    (http://www.palm.com/in/products/smar...0/carrier.html) they
    mention "Hutch India Network" as the preferred carried, which I suppose
    means that Treo650 is more likely to work with that network, but I want
    to be sure that Treo and IDEA GPRS are incompatible before I switch to
    Hutch.

    Regards,
    -- Atul

  2. Re: Looking for help in configuring Treo650 for IDEA GPRS in India

    Hi,

    The problem is resolved. The settings on the site are not accurate, one
    needs to visit an IDEA customer care center to get the correct
    settings. Plus, apart from enabling GPRS, there is some setting to be
    done in IDEAs system to let it know that you are using a Treo. This too
    can be done at the customer care centre.

    Once these three are done, one can start browsing.

    Regards,
    -- Atul

+ Reply to Thread