Repeated T5 Fatal Alert w/ Versamail - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Repeated T5 Fatal Alert w/ Versamail - Palmtop ; After installing the Garmin Que navigation software, I started receiving fatal alert crashes whenever trying to read my Versamail: Fatal Alert: VFSDBCache.c, LINE: 3522 block runs inconsistent I uninstalled the Que software (which worked like a charm linked via Bluetooth ...

  1. Repeated T5 Fatal Alert w/ Versamail

    After installing the Garmin Que navigation software, I started receiving
    fatal alert crashes whenever trying to read my Versamail:

    Fatal Alert: VFSDBCache.c, LINE: 3522 block runs inconsistent

    I uninstalled the Que software (which worked like a charm linked via
    Bluetooth to my Garmin Bluetooth GPS receiver) but the fatal alert continues
    every time I try to read my Versamail, requiring a soft reset (annoying). So
    I think I need to remove all non-native apps and files and then re-install
    them one at a time. However, when I select the Delete command, it is hard to
    tell from the list of files which files/apps are native to the Palm OS and
    which are add-ins or left over files from previously removed apps. Does
    anyone have a list of what the basic Palm OS files are so I don't remove
    some essential file? An alternative would be to do a clean reinstall after a
    hard reset. But how can I be sure that I do not re-install a bad file or app
    from my desktop when I hotsynch to reload my calendar and address book
    entries?

    Steve L.

  2. Re: Repeated T5 Fatal Alert w/ Versamail

    On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:13:57 -0500, Steve L wrote
    (in article ):

    > Fatal Alert: VFSDBCache.c, LINE: 3522 block runs inconsistent

    Before you do anything else, check the Palm site and make sure you have the
    latest firmware update on.

  3. Re: Repeated T5 Fatal Alert w/ Versamail

    I did not have the latest firmware so I updated the firmware and that has
    made all the difference. Now I have loaded on ten new applications and
    everything works like a charm. THANKS.

    Steve

    "Verne Arase" wrote in message
    news:0001HW.C11CD91A0003B5CCF0386530@news.giganews .com...
    > On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:13:57 -0500, Steve L wrote
    > (in article ):
    >
    >> Fatal Alert: VFSDBCache.c, LINE: 3522 block runs inconsistent

    > Before you do anything else, check the Palm site and make sure you have
    > the
    > latest firmware update on.

  4. Re: Repeated T5 Fatal Alert w/ Versamail

    On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:06:15 -0500, Steve L wrote
    (in article ):

    > I did not have the latest firmware so I updated the firmware and that has
    > made all the difference. Now I have loaded on ten new applications and
    > everything works like a charm. THANKS.

    If you plan to tether the Palm to your cell phone (via bluetooth), you may
    also want to insure that you have those updates on. Basically, it's a good
    idea to put on updates for anything you plan to use (before you load it up
    with everything).

    You may also want to consider a case.

    My T5s all died with the power switch becoming non-operational - I suspect it
    was dust in my pocket seeping its way into the power switch. Increasing
    pressure to activate the power switch probably led to their mortality.

    If you're planning to use something with a high data access (like Navigation
    or eBooks), you'll want to store maps and other high use stuff on an external
    fast SD card. Keep internal memory more for infrequent use stuff or onsite
    backups.

    If you use a cradle, always insure that the organizer is aligned perfectly
    with the alignment pins and in a perfectly vertical orientation.

    Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread