Unicode text - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Unicode text - Palmtop ; Are there any Unicode text editors available for the Palm (OS 5) platform? I am looking for something that will allow me to paste in text from iSilo but retain the full character range. When I use the memo application ...

  1. Unicode text

    Are there any Unicode text editors available for the Palm (OS 5)
    platform?

    I am looking for something that will allow me to paste in text from
    iSilo but retain the full character range. When I use the memo
    application I get a lot of corrupted characters e.g. ' becomes
    ’.

    Cheers,

    Steve

  2. Re: Unicode text

    Try PiLoc - http://www.penreader.com. They do localization to almost
    every language in the world. But none of it is Unicode compatible,
    afaik...

    Steve wrote:
    > Are there any Unicode text editors available for the Palm (OS 5)
    > platform?
    >
    > I am looking for something that will allow me to paste in text from
    > iSilo but retain the full character range. When I use the memo
    > application I get a lot of corrupted characters e.g. ' becomes
    > '.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve

  3. Re: Unicode text

    On 2006-09-05 09:40:28 +0100, "danielbu" said:

    > Try PiLoc - http://www.penreader.com. They do localization to almost
    > every language in the world. But none of it is Unicode compatible,
    > afaik...
    >

    > Steve wrote:
    >> Are there any Unicode text editors available for the Palm (OS 5)
    >> platform?
    >>
    >> I am looking for something that will allow me to paste in text from
    >> iSilo but retain the full character range. When I use the memo
    >> application I get a lot of corrupted characters e.g. ' becomes
    >> '.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Steve

    I am always amazed at how relatively weak the Palm OS support is for
    Unicode, visible mostly as an inability to support non-western symbols
    within data.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

+ Reply to Thread