Versamail vs. Inbox to Go - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Versamail vs. Inbox to Go - Palmtop ; I finally configured my Treo 650 for email and discovered I have Versamail and Inbox to Go on there. Anyone have strong preferences one way or the other? Do they have different functions? And is it safe to delete one? ...

  1. Versamail vs. Inbox to Go

    I finally configured my Treo 650 for email and discovered I have Versamail
    and Inbox to Go on there.

    Anyone have strong preferences one way or the other? Do they have different
    functions? And is it safe to delete one?

    Thanks in advance ...

  2. Re: Versamail vs. Inbox to Go

    Hi,

    R. Barre wrote:
    > I finally configured my Treo 650 for email and discovered I have Versamail
    > and Inbox to Go on there.
    >
    > Anyone have strong preferences one way or the other? Do they have different
    > functions? And is it safe to delete one?
    >
    > Thanks in advance ...

    They're very different. Versamail is rather used for online emails, and
    InboxToGo loads your Outlook inbox on your PDA when you synchronize, for
    offline reading.

    I use InboxToGo for my professional emails, and Versamail for the rest.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft

  3. Re: Versamail vs. Inbox to Go

    > Anyone have strong preferences one way or the other? Do they have
    > different functions? And is it safe to delete one?

    I found each has pros and cons depending on the precise version you have. I
    deleted Versamail from my TX, tried Inbox to go, then tried to reinstall
    Versamail and it would never thereafter sync with outlook at all.
    Thankfully, the TX went badly wrong, was repaired under warranty and came
    back with versamail working again. Not sure I'd delete it again! But both
    are poor if you ask me. Why oh why oh why can't we sync multipe folders??
    Why are emails truncated? Why are attachments so clumsy to do deal with?
    I'll be buying a Poket PC Windows based device next time - Palm have tried
    my patience far too long

+ Reply to Thread