Palm TX reboots and reboots. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX reboots and reboots. - Palmtop ; Hello Following a hotsync where I sent 3 programs to the palm the unit is booting and resetting in cycles. I have the "orange" palm logo, then the "grey" palm powered screen for 10 seconds and then the unit reboots ...

  1. Palm TX reboots and reboots.

    Hello

    Following a hotsync where I sent 3 programs to the palm the unit is booting and resetting in cycles.

    I have the "orange" palm logo, then the "grey" palm powered screen for 10 seconds and then the unit reboots and restarts the same thing.

    Is there a way to solve this without having to make a complete reset ?

    Thanks for the help

    --
    Email contact

    http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

  2. Re: Palm TX reboots and reboots.

    In article , Txl says...

    > Hello
    >
    > Following a hotsync where I sent 3 programs to the palm the unit is booting and resetting in cycles.
    >
    > I have the "orange" palm logo, then the "grey" palm powered screen for 10seconds and then the unit reboots and restarts the same thing.
    >
    > Is there a way to solve this without having to make a complete reset ?
    >
    > Thanks for the help

    Do a warm reset (to boot into 'safe-mode')
    delete the three apps
    do a reset (to reboot the whole system)

    PalmOneŽ Support Knowledge Library article 26419 Fix a handheld that's
    looping, flashing, or frozen on the Palm Computing Platform logo.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: Palm TX reboots and reboots.

    Txl wrote:
    >Hello
    >
    >Following a hotsync where I sent 3 programs to the palm the unit is booting and resetting in cycles.
    >
    >I have the "orange" palm logo, then the "grey" palm powered screen for 10 seconds and then the unit reboots and restarts the same thing.
    >
    >Is there a way to solve this without having to make a complete reset ?
    >
    >Thanks for the help

    The way I would do it, is to do a debug reset then delete the two 'pref' files.You will of course need to re-enter your registration codes, but you will not have to hotasync or reload programs do to a hard reset.

    Ciao . . . C.Joseph

    --
    Ciao . . . C.Joseph
    And on the seventh day, God said,