Palm TX Virtual Keyboard won't retract with 3rd party software - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX Virtual Keyboard won't retract with 3rd party software - Palmtop ; When I access 3rd party software on my TX, the virtual keyboard/graffiti writing area won't retract and therefore covers the bottom 3rd of the screen, including the lower scroll arrow. When I try to scroll using the up arrow or ...

  1. Palm TX Virtual Keyboard won't retract with 3rd party software

    When I access 3rd party software on my TX, the virtual
    keyboard/graffiti writing area won't retract and therefore covers the
    bottom 3rd of the screen, including the lower scroll arrow. When I try
    to scroll using the up arrow or using the stylus to push text up or
    down, multiple copies of the virtual keyboard/graffiti writing area
    cover the whole screen. The 3rd party apps are AvantGo, and the United
    Airlines and Alaska Airlines timetables. Everything works fine when
    I'm just using the Palm software and not in the 3rd party apps. Have
    tried the usual uninstall/reinstall of all 3rd party apps and Palm
    software itself with no luck. That was the advice of Palm and AvantGo
    tech support.
    Thanx anyone!!

  2. Re: Palm TX Virtual Keyboard won't retract with 3rd party software

    > When I access 3rd party software on my TX, the virtual
    > keyboard/graffiti writing area won't retract and therefore covers the
    > bottom 3rd of the screen, including the lower scroll arrow

    Sounds to me like its merely a case of being programmed on the basis that it
    will also be used on the earlier palms that the keyboard area permantly
    designated on the unit, such as original Vx and m500 models

+ Reply to Thread