Palm TX Home button fix - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX Home button fix - Palmtop ; Hi, I upgraded from T3 to Tx and really missed the home / popup menu on the mini status bar at the foot of the screen. This was really usefull in full screen mode. I just found a great freeware ...

  1. Palm TX Home button fix

    Hi,
    I upgraded from T3 to Tx and really missed the home / popup menu on the mini
    status bar at the foot of the screen. This was really usefull in full screen
    mode.

    I just found a great freeware utility called FindwithHome which puts
    replaces the find icon with a home icon. A long tap, on the icon still
    brings up find. It is at the following site - hidden away at the very bottom
    of the page.

    http://www.mobile-stream.com/index.html

    This may be old news and if so dont flame me. I just found it so useful I
    thought others may too.
    Martin

  2. Re: Palm TX Home button fix

    Martin M wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I upgraded from T3 to Tx and really missed the home / popup menu on the mini
    > status bar at the foot of the screen. This was really usefull in full screen
    > mode.
    >
    > I just found a great freeware utility called FindwithHome which puts
    > replaces the find icon with a home icon. A long tap, on the icon still
    > brings up find. It is at the following site - hidden away at the very bottom
    > of the page.
    >
    > http://www.mobile-stream.com/index.html
    >
    > This may be old news and if so dont flame me. I just found it so useful I
    > thought others may too.
    > Martin

    Surely the TX has the same OS as the LifeDrive?

    A long tap on the home icon brings up a list of recently used apps.

    Ben

  3. Re: Palm TX Home button fix

    On 2006-07-23 02:20:27 -0500, "Martin M" said:

    > Hi,
    > I upgraded from T3 to Tx and really missed the home / popup menu on the
    > mini status bar at the foot of the screen. This was really usefull in
    > full screen mode.
    >
    > I just found a great freeware utility called FindwithHome which puts
    > replaces the find icon with a home icon. A long tap, on the icon still
    > brings up find. It is at the following site - hidden away at the very
    > bottom of the page.
    >
    > http://www.mobile-stream.com/index.html
    >
    > This may be old news and if so dont flame me. I just found it so useful
    > I thought others may too.
    > Martin

    After some looking around I ran into that one too - it does seem to work well.

  4. Re: Palm TX Home button fix

    On 2006-07-23 17:55:04 -0500, Ben Thomas said:

    > Martin M wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I upgraded from T3 to Tx and really missed the home / popup menu on the
    >> mini status bar at the foot of the screen. This was really usefull in
    >> full screen mode.
    >>
    >> I just found a great freeware utility called FindwithHome which puts
    >> replaces the find icon with a home icon. A long tap, on the icon still
    >> brings up find. It is at the following site - hidden away at the very
    >> bottom of the page.
    >>
    >> http://www.mobile-stream.com/index.html
    >>
    >> This may be old news and if so dont flame me. I just found it so useful
    >> I thought others may too.
    >> Martin
    >>

    > Surely the TX has the same OS as the LifeDrive?

    nope.

    > A long tap on the home icon brings up a list of recently used apps.
    >
    > Ben

  5. Re: Palm TX Home button fix

    On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:55:04 +0000, Ben Thomas wrote:

    > Surely the TX has the same OS as the LifeDrive?
    >
    > A long tap on the home icon brings up a list of recently used apps.

    Seems to just bring up a full list of apps.

    But, a long press on the home *button* does bring up a recently used list.

    --
    Doug Herr
    doug*at*wombatz*dot*com

+ Reply to Thread