Conduit Manager Quits Unexpectedly - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Conduit Manager Quits Unexpectedly - Palmtop ; I've been having the following problem for months with a Zire 72, synching on a Mac running OS 10.3 and later OS 10.4. When attempting to synch either Memos or Calendar, the Conduit Manager quits in the middle of the ...

  1. Conduit Manager Quits Unexpectedly

    I've been having the following problem for months with a Zire 72,
    synching on a Mac running OS 10.3 and later OS 10.4. When attempting to
    synch either Memos or Calendar, the Conduit Manager quits in the middle
    of the operation. At a friend's suggestion, I installed iSync. To my
    surprise the calendar and address books synchronized perfectly. This
    still leaves Memos as not being backed up.

    I actually do a daily backup to an SD card, and that has been working
    perfectly. In desperation, I have on a couple of occasions done a hard
    reset and restore from the SD card and that also works perfectly--I use
    BackupBuddy VFS.

    My worry about not being able to get memos backed up to the computer is
    that the Memo data is not protected if my Zire is lost or stolen.

    A search of the almost useless support section of the Palm web site gave
    me no hits on the query: "Conduit manager quits."

    --
    To send me email, replace deadspam.com by acm.org

  2. Re: Conduit Manager Quits Unexpectedly

    In article ,
    Herbert Kanner wrote:

    > I've been having the following problem for months with a Zire 72,
    > synching on a Mac running OS 10.3 and later OS 10.4. When attempting to
    > synch either Memos or Calendar, the Conduit Manager quits in the middle
    > of the operation. At a friend's suggestion, I installed iSync. To my
    > surprise the calendar and address books synchronized perfectly. This
    > still leaves Memos as not being backed up.
    >
    > I actually do a daily backup to an SD card, and that has been working
    > perfectly. In desperation, I have on a couple of occasions done a hard
    > reset and restore from the SD card and that also works perfectly--I use
    > BackupBuddy VFS.
    >
    > My worry about not being able to get memos backed up to the computer is
    > that the Memo data is not protected if my Zire is lost or stolen.
    >
    > A search of the almost useless support section of the Palm web site gave
    > me no hits on the query: "Conduit manager quits."

    Ditch the Palm Desktop software and go with iCal and the other built-in
    iApps plus Missing Sync from http://www.markspace.com which is what I
    use with my Zire 72. Missing Sync is great.

  3. Re: Conduit Manager Quits Unexpectedly

    In article ,
    Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > Ditch the Palm Desktop software and go with iCal and the other built-in
    > iApps plus Missing Sync from http://www.markspace.com which is what I
    > use with my Zire 72. Missing Sync is great.

    or get Now Up To Date / Now Contact and it works just fine with the
    standard stock Palm conduits (still working fine for me from OS 9 up
    through 10.4.7).

    --
    Glenn Tenney KCTJ CISSP CISM
    The email address has been altered for display since spam

  4. Re: Conduit Manager Quits Unexpectedly

    In article ,
    "Glenn S. Tenney KCTJ CISSP CISM" wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > > Ditch the Palm Desktop software and go with iCal and the other built-in
    > > iApps plus Missing Sync from http://www.markspace.com which is what I
    > > use with my Zire 72. Missing Sync is great.

    > or get Now Up To Date / Now Contact and it works just fine with the
    > standard stock Palm conduits (still working fine for me from OS 9 up
    > through 10.4.7).

    Thank you both for the suggestions.

    Herb

    --
    To send me email, replace deadspam.com by acm.org

+ Reply to Thread