Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries? - Palmtop ; Thanks. My palm just doesn't work for me if it's battery is dead half the time, if I don't religously recharge it. But I need those alarms, and such that I'm not getting embarrassed all the time. Thanks Jim...

  1. Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    Thanks. My palm just doesn't work for me if it's battery is dead half
    the time, if I don't religously recharge it.

    But I need those alarms, and such that I'm not getting embarrassed all
    the time.

    Thanks
    Jim

  2. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    "wizzywiz" (Jim) wrote in news:1152676072.742566.68410
    @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

    > Thanks. My palm just doesn't work for me if it's battery is dead half
    > the time, if I don't religously recharge it.
    >
    > But I need those alarms, and such that I'm not getting embarrassed all
    > the time.

    There's a big Palm matrix that lists the older Palm models at
    http://www.dgotech.com/morepalm/handheldmatrix.html
    but I don't see any non-rechargeables that say "vibrate".
    Maybe you'll spot one that I missed.

  3. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargablebatteries?

    wizzywiz wrote:
    > Thanks. My palm just doesn't work for me if it's battery is dead half
    > the time, if I don't religously recharge it.
    > But I need those alarms, and such that I'm not getting embarrassed all
    > the time.
    > Thanks
    > Jim

    Just want to say that there are many ways to skin that cat.

    If you're mainly worring about losing data, a new model with an SD card
    and backup freeware is a pain free solution. More reliable than the
    non-rechargeable AA.

    If you're mainly want to run for a longtime, there are external battery
    packs that can let you run for weeks-months at a time. Many of these
    run on 1, 2, or 4 AA batteries.

    I just came back from Eastern Europe, where the charger to my doesn't
    work with the 220 volts. Before I left, I rigged up a 4-cell AA battery
    holder to a coaxial plug and my Tungsten T was happy-happy-joy-joy for
    the whole trip with a handful of NiMH-AA's (which I have with me anyway
    to support my digital camera habit).

    Tho

  4. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    tho x. bui wrote:
    > wizzywiz wrote:
    > > Thanks. My palm just doesn't work for me if it's battery is dead half
    > > the time, if I don't religously recharge it.
    > > But I need those alarms, and such that I'm not getting embarrassed all
    > > the time.
    > > Thanks
    > > Jim

    > Just want to say that there are many ways to skin that cat.
    >
    > If you're mainly worring about losing data, a new model with an SD card
    > and backup freeware is a pain free solution. More reliable than the
    > non-rechargeable AA.
    >
    > If you're mainly want to run for a longtime, there are external battery
    > packs that can let you run for weeks-months at a time. Many of these
    > run on 1, 2, or 4 AA batteries.
    >
    > I just came back from Eastern Europe, where the charger to my doesn't
    > work with the 220 volts. Before I left, I rigged up a 4-cell AA battery
    > holder to a coaxial plug and my Tungsten T was happy-happy-joy-joy for
    > the whole trip with a handful of NiMH-AA's (which I have with me anyway
    > to support my digital camera habit).
    >
    > Tho

    Thanks. Do you know where I might find a pack for a Palm m515? But it
    fills my pocket now....hope it's not too big.
    Thanks
    Jim

  5. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargablebatteries?

    wizzywiz wrote:
    > tho x. bui wrote:
    >
    >>wizzywiz wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks. My palm just doesn't work for me if it's battery is dead half
    >>>the time, if I don't religously recharge it.
    >>>But I need those alarms, and such that I'm not getting embarrassed all
    >>>the time.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Jim

    >>Just want to say that there are many ways to skin that cat.
    >>If you're mainly worring about losing data, a new model with an SD card
    >>and backup freeware is a pain free solution. More reliable than the
    >>non-rechargeable AA.
    >>If you're mainly want to run for a longtime, there are external battery
    >>packs that can let you run for weeks-months at a time. Many of these
    >>run on 1, 2, or 4 AA batteries.
    >>I just came back from Eastern Europe, where the charger to my T doesn't
    >>work with the 220 volts. Before I left, I rigged up a 4-cell AA battery
    >>holder to a coaxial plug and my Tungsten T was happy-happy-joy-joy for
    >>the whole trip with a handful of NiMH-AA's (which I have with me anyway
    >>to support my digital camera habit).

    > Thanks. Do you know where I might find a pack for a Palm m515? But it
    > fills my pocket now....hope it's not too big.

    To minimize bulk, you should get a USB charger for your machine and
    shorten the cord. My solution in Europe (coaxial cable) is not small
    because it plugs into the cradle, and I doubt if you want to lug the
    cradle around with you. After than, you'll need a USB battery pack
    charger that provide 5 volts DC output. Many MP3 players use the same
    pack.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Hotsync-Char...QQcmdZViewItem
    (search ebay for "USB cable M515")
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...b+battery+pack
    (search ebay for "USB battery pack")

    Clear? If not, I can post some pics on my website.

    Tho

  6. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    On 14 Jul 2006 03:18:19 -0700, wizzywiz wrote:

    > Thanks. Do you know where I might find a pack for a Palm m515? But it
    > fills my pocket now....hope it's not too big.

    What about one of the ones on this page:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~gmayhak/catalog.html

    Go a little more than 1/2 way down to find the "AA Emergency Charger for
    Universal Connector Palms." It uses 4 regular AA batteries. Available with
    18 inch or 4 inch cable.

    Actually came across this while looking for something else and then
    remembered the discussion here.

    --
    Derek

    "You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience." --
    Stanislaw J. Lec ("Unkempt Thoughts")

  7. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    Thanks much, guys. Those are good to know about. I don't think I want
    to carry one around 24/7 though, like I do my (often with dead
    batteries) palm. I'm going back to a 1-month battery life Palm IIIxe.

    Thanks
    Jim

  8. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    In article <1152934989.964946.127330@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    "wizzywiz" wrote:

    > Thanks much, guys. Those are good to know about. I don't think I want
    > to carry one around 24/7 though, like I do my (often with dead
    > batteries) palm. I'm going back to a 1-month battery life Palm IIIxe.

    Why not just charge your PDA every day? That's what I do. I can't
    remember that last time my Palm Zire 72 died on me due to a lack of
    battery power. I have a charger for my car and one in my office.
    Usually, when I am in my office, I simply plug the Zire 72 in. No big
    deal. I leave the charger right on my desk in front of my keyboard so I
    am reminded to plug it in. You could also put a recurring reminder in
    your Zire 72 that says "Charge me."

  9. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > In article <1152934989.964946.127330@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    > "wizzywiz" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks much, guys. Those are good to know about. I don't think I want
    > > to carry one around 24/7 though, like I do my (often with dead
    > > batteries) palm. I'm going back to a 1-month battery life Palm IIIxe.

    > Why not just charge your PDA every day? That's what I do. I can't
    > remember that last time my Palm Zire 72 died on me due to a lack of
    > battery power. I have a charger for my car and one in my office.
    > Usually, when I am in my office, I simply plug the Zire 72 in. No big
    > deal. I leave the charger right on my desk in front of my keyboard so I
    > am reminded to plug it in. You could also put a recurring reminder in
    > your Zire 72 that says "Charge me."

    Hello. The answer to that is, I have a much less disciplined, or
    perhaps a much more distracted, mind than you. :-) I also have
    chargers everywhere. Worse, I often forget to take the palm with me. I
    need a recurring reminder in my palm that says "take me with you."

    Jim

  10. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    In article <1153678479.360303.125610@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    "wizzywiz" wrote:

    > Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > > In article <1152934989.964946.127330@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    > > "wizzywiz" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Thanks much, guys. Those are good to know about. I don't think I want
    > > > to carry one around 24/7 though, like I do my (often with dead
    > > > batteries) palm. I'm going back to a 1-month battery life Palm IIIxe.

    > > Why not just charge your PDA every day? That's what I do. I can't
    > > remember that last time my Palm Zire 72 died on me due to a lack of
    > > battery power. I have a charger for my car and one in my office.
    > > Usually, when I am in my office, I simply plug the Zire 72 in. No big
    > > deal. I leave the charger right on my desk in front of my keyboard so I
    > > am reminded to plug it in. You could also put a recurring reminder in
    > > your Zire 72 that says "Charge me."

    > Hello. The answer to that is, I have a much less disciplined, or
    > perhaps a much more distracted, mind than you. :-) I also have
    > chargers everywhere. Worse, I often forget to take the palm with me. I
    > need a recurring reminder in my palm that says "take me with you."
    >
    > Jim

    You know, that is something you can change ...

  11. Re: Is there a palm with vibrating alarm that uses non-rechargable batteries?

    Guy Bannis wrote:
    > In article <1153678479.360303.125610@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    > "wizzywiz" wrote:
    >
    > > Shawn Hirn wrote:

    > > > Why not just charge your PDA every day? That's what I do. I can't
    > > > remember that last time my Palm Zire 72 died on me due to a lack of
    > > > battery power. I have a charger for my car and one in my office.
    > > > Usually, when I am in my office, I simply plug the Zire 72 in. No big
    > > > deal. I leave the charger right on my desk in front of my keyboard so I
    > > > am reminded to plug it in. You could also put a recurring reminder in
    > > > your Zire 72 that says "Charge me."

    > > Hello. The answer to that is, I have a much less disciplined, or
    > > perhaps a much more distracted, mind than you. :-) I also have
    > > chargers everywhere. Worse, I often forget to take the palm with me. I
    > > need a recurring reminder in my palm that says "take me with you."
    > >
    > > Jim

    > You know, that is something you can change ...

    Not until I get tenure.......

    :-)

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread