Getting video on a LifeDrive - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Getting video on a LifeDrive - Palmtop ; I have just purchased a Lifedrive and I am having problems with video being recognised on my Lifedrive. I use an Apple Powerbook with Missing Syncv5.1 but to get Video on I mount the Lifedrive using DriveMount. The files I ...

  1. Getting video on a LifeDrive

    I have just purchased a Lifedrive and I am having problems with video being
    recognised on my Lifedrive.

    I use an Apple Powerbook with Missing Syncv5.1 but to get Video on I mount
    the Lifedrive using DriveMount. The files I am moving across are either mp4.
    or .mov files and they can be seen by the Files app. However Media the
    defualt media app cannot see these files nor can it see any of the photo's
    that are also stored on the same photo/video folder. DocstoGo v8 can see
    these pictures without any problem.

    Is there an alternative app that can handle mp4. and .mov files?

    Interestingly the mp3 files that can be seen by PocketTunes cannot be seen by
    Media even though the MP3's are in the default location.

    Any suggestions?

    Many Thanks

    Tidy

  2. Re: Getting video on a LifeDrive

    In article <0001HW.C0D806E3006E80F7F0284530@news.demon.co.uk>,
    Tidy wrote:

    > Is there an alternative app that can handle mp4. and .mov files?

    mp4 aswell as mpg and many avi files can be viewed with TCPMP and the
    appropiate plugin, but I don't think it is possible to play mov files on
    a Palm.

    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/
    --
    Med venlig hilsen / Greetings

    Martin Bech
    mail: Fjern / remove XYZ

  3. Re: Getting video on a LifeDrive

    Tidy wrote:
    > I have just purchased a Lifedrive and I am having problems with video being
    > recognised on my Lifedrive.
    >
    > I use an Apple Powerbook with Missing Syncv5.1 but to get Video on I mount
    > the Lifedrive using DriveMount. The files I am moving across are either mp4.
    > or .mov files and they can be seen by the Files app. However Media the
    > defualt media app cannot see these files nor can it see any of the photo's
    > that are also stored on the same photo/video folder. DocstoGo v8 can see
    > these pictures without any problem.
    >
    > Is there an alternative app that can handle mp4. and .mov files?
    >
    > Interestingly the mp3 files that can be seen by PocketTunes cannot be seen by
    > Media even though the MP3's are in the default location.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Tid

    Kinoma Player 3 EX plays MP4 video and .m4a AAC audio.
    http://www.kinoma.com/

  4. Re: Getting video on a LifeDrive

    I have a lifedrive and use tcpmp will play mp4 mp3 and mov files...use
    the icon in the sys tray, double click it and them drag the files
    where you want them to be, BE SURE TO USE THE CONVERTER, it will
    convert them to play on the lifedrive.

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:30:11 +0100, Tidy wrote:

    >I have just purchased a Lifedrive and I am having problems with video being
    >recognised on my Lifedrive.
    >
    >I use an Apple Powerbook with Missing Syncv5.1 but to get Video on I mount
    >the Lifedrive using DriveMount. The files I am moving across are either mp4.
    >or .mov files and they can be seen by the Files app. However Media the
    >defualt media app cannot see these files nor can it see any of the photo's
    >that are also stored on the same photo/video folder. DocstoGo v8 can see
    >these pictures without any problem.
    >
    >Is there an alternative app that can handle mp4. and .mov files?
    >
    >Interestingly the mp3 files that can be seen by PocketTunes cannot be seen by
    >Media even though the MP3's are in the default location.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Many Thanks
    >
    >Tidy

+ Reply to Thread