Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally? - Palmtop ; The maps when downloaded to my TungstenT has only one or two street names in it. I tried the preference setting to allow more, but it still only display two street names. Is this a bug in the program? Thanks. ...

  1. Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally?

    The maps when downloaded to my TungstenT has only one or two street
    names in it. I tried the preference setting to allow more, but it still
    only display two street names. Is this a bug in the program?

    Thanks.

    Tho

  2. Re: Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally?

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 02:13:44 -0700, "tho x. bui"
    wrote:

    >The maps when downloaded to my TungstenT has only one or two street
    >names in it. I tried the preference setting to allow more, but it still
    >only display two street names. Is this a bug in the program?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Tho

    I had StreetFinder, but bought Mapopolis because the maps were much
    better.

  3. Re: Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally?

    tho x. bui wrote:
    > The maps when downloaded to my TungstenT has only one or two street
    > names in it. I tried the preference setting to allow more, but it still
    > only display two street names. Is this a bug in the program?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Tho

    I have it installed on my Palm M515, and if I zoom in I can get the
    names of the streets... Though the map graphics look like something
    drawn with a felt-pen on a postage stamp. Not impressive.

  4. Re: Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally?

    "tho x. bui" wrote in message
    > The maps when downloaded to my TungstenT has only one or two street
    > names in it. I tried the preference setting to allow more, but it still
    > only display two street names. Is this a bug in the program?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Tho

    I had streetfinder. It came with my NavMan GPS for the Palm. I switch to

    Delorme Street Atlas USA 2007 includes the Street Atlas USA 2007 for Windows
    and PDA's + GPS Support

    https://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DEL...121&item=24568

    It has current 2007 maps and works with my Navman.

  5. Re: Any one here use Streetfinder by Rand McNally?

    >"tho x. bui" wrote in message
    > The maps when downloaded to my TungstenT has only one or two street
    >> names in it. I tried the preference setting to allow more, but it still
    >> only display two street names. Is this a bug in the program?

    If you zoom in you can find the street names. Or you can tap on a street that
    has no name and it will show the address (with the street name). A bit of a pain
    I'll admit, but this is a cheap program and you get what you pay for...

+ Reply to Thread